Bloggers needed urgently!

Watch this thread
charllbowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I'm a student journalist at the University of Huddersfield, and for a Magazine Journalism assessment I am doing tomorrow I will be writing a feature article on a 'hobby', and my hobby is blogging; so my aim is to get some research about blogging and other bloggers.

If you're a blogger, doesn't matter if you have a lot of followers or not, would you be able to answer these questions and post the link to your blog please.

1) How did you start blogging?
2) What is it you most enjoy about blogging?
3) Would you want to turn your hobby of blogging into a career?
4) Many people create blogs, but never know what to write about and don't have the patience to keep a blog for a while, how long have you kept your blog up and running?
5) do you have any advice for current/future bloggers?
6) How do you get attention to your blogs, is it mainly through social media? If so, which type of social networks?

Thankyou

Charlotte!
Ashtwe
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by charllbowles)
Hi,

I'm a student journalist at the University of Huddersfield, and for a Magazine Journalism assessment I am doing tomorrow I will be writing a feature article on a 'hobby', and my hobby is blogging; so my aim is to get some research about blogging and other bloggers.

If you're a blogger, doesn't matter if you have a lot of followers or not, would you be able to answer these questions and post the link to your blog please.

4) Many people create blogs, but never know what to write about and don't have the patience to keep a blog for a while, how long have you kept your blog up and running?
6) How do you get attention to your blogs, is it mainly through social media? If so, which type of social networks?

Thankyou

Charlotte!

1) I wished to exhibit my writings onto a more public platform. Plus, my cousin had a blog for art, which set me off.
2) The fact that you have a varied audience and a whole list of perfectly frank and enthusiastic comments.
3) No. I'd like to keep it a hobby.
4) Nearly 7 months. I don't update it regularly as I'm dealing with some pretty important exams right now, but I've got plenty of plans.
5) Not much. It's like a journal/portfolio being shown to everybody.
6) TSR, emails to friends, friends in school.
justanothertechie
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
1.) I started blogging from a bet but quickly spiralled to become a hobby and later an extension of my freelance work.

2.) I enjoy the fact that unlike journalistic work it is only my voice and I can write how I want to. It's a freedom.

3.) No. I prefer the separation between my professional writing and blogging.

4.) My blogs been going, under two brands, since 2013. In that time it has ranked over 50 thousand views and leads google searches for some of the topics I've written about.

5.) Keep going. It can seem hard and when a post isn't as popular as you anticipated it makes you question what you do. Brand yourself. If people can recognise your blog and writing quickly they are more likely to come back.

6.) Social media but mainly Twitter. (@thedanseamarks)

Blog address: www.danseamarks.co.uk/blog

Posted from TSR Mobile
leveridge96
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by charllbowles)
Hi,

Thankyou

Charlotte!
1) Through a challenge to post one blog post a day for the whole of this year!
2) Just the nice comments that i get from other bloggers
3) If i had the opportunity to yes
4) I've had my blog since 1st January 2015 and have never missed a day. I tend to post about my day or things which intrest me as well as a lazy sunday post on sundays where i round up what has happend during the week and what i have got planned for the next week as some of my favourite things i''ve seen during the week such as a song,instagram picture or a youtube video. At the time of writing, i've had 344 views on my blog.
5) Blog about something you like. Theres no point starting a blog if your not posting about something you don't want to blog about!
6) Through the use of tags on wordpress but also through the use of social media, mainly twitter (@Leveridge96)

https://bloggintheyearawaywithmusic.wordpress.com/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads