The Student Room Group

Imperial or LSE?

I just received offers from LSE and Imperial and I am pretty confused with the choice between these two institutions.

LSE
Program: MSc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Tuition fees: £24456
Number of courses: 6 (dissertation included)
Size: approximate 20 students

Imperial College Business School
Program: MSc in Economics and Strategy for Business
Tuition fees: £24000
Number of courses: 18
Size: approximate 180 students

Here is some basic information about these two programs. Could anyone give me some advice? Such as the reputation, teaching quality and graduate prospect. Many thanks!
What are the chances of getting offers from both!! They both are equally good but if you want to get into something like IB or any other finance sector, choosing LSE would be a good option, but Imperial is also good for IB!! Its a hard decision. But choosing Imperial over LSE or vice versa is no loss!
Original post by hty492383640
I just received offers from LSE and Imperial and I am pretty confused with the choice between these two institutions.

LSE
Program: MSc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Tuition fees: £24456
Number of courses: 6 (dissertation included)
Size: approximate 20 students

Imperial College Business School
Program: MSc in Economics and Strategy for Business
Tuition fees: £24000
Number of courses: 18
Size: approximate 180 students

Here is some basic information about these two programs. Could anyone give me some advice? Such as the reputation, teaching quality and graduate prospect. Many thanks!

LSE all the way.

When you see economics and you see LSE, it is the best option outside Oxbridge.
Reply 3
Original post by LutherVan
LSE all the way.

LSE is better than Oxbridge for economics! I would choose LSE over Imperial OP
Original post by LutherVan
LSE all the way.

Cannot I agree more with you that LSE holds the best economics course outside oxbridge! I didn't dare to apply Oxford and got rejected by Cambridge though:frown:
Original post by Raymat
What are the chances of getting offers from both!! They both are equally good but if you want to get into something like IB or any other finance sector, choosing LSE would be a good option, but Imperial is also good for IB!! Its a hard decision. But choosing Imperial over LSE or vice versa is no loss!

Many thanks for your advice!

So you also think that LSE and Imperial are both in the same level just behind Oxbridge and they are both significantly recognised by IBs if I graduate from a business/economics related course from these two unis?
Original post by Bishoy
LSE is better than Oxbridge for economics! I would choose LSE over Imperial OP

Actually I do prefer LSE for economics, however I suppose courses like econometrics are so theoretical that I have to pursue a PhD if I want to find a decent job. The Imperial College Business School one is very practical which may significantly improve my employment potential.

So I am confused with these two programs, also I worry that if IBs recognise economics and business strategy one-year-master students from the Imperial? Just my personal opinion.....
Original post by hty492383640

So you also think that LSE and Imperial are both in the same level just behind Oxbridge and they are both significantly recognised by IBs if I graduate from a business/economics related course from these two unis?

Yeh of course but for the sake of your type of postgraduate degree you might as well go for LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending