The Student Room Group

Kissed a girl who had a facial wart. Please help.

Hi everyone,

I went out on a date with a girl, and she had a single wart on her face, next to her nose. At the end of the date, i kissed her, and we french kissed for about 30 seconds or so. That's it. I might have brushed against it while we were kissing, but i'm not sure.

Am i at risk for contracting warts because of this? It was just this single date, and i haven't seen her again since then. I'm so worried, i'm getting anxious just thinking about the fact that i may have put myself into deep trouble.

I'm not a shallow person, nor am i someone who thinks low of others for any reason whatsoever. But i just don't want to have contracted HPV, and have warts sprouting from my face in a few months.

I guess what i want is for someone to tell me that i'll be okay, and i need to stop worrying, and it's not going to happen, and i'm being absurd.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks a lot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I highly doubt you will suddenly get a wart☺️
i expect it's just a skin tag or a protruding permanent spot that she was born with
If it was contagious do you not think she may have had it removed by now for fear of passing it on to others?
You shoudnt worry any more!
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy573
I highly doubt you will suddenly get a wart☺️
i expect it's just a skin tag or a protruding permanent spot that she was born with
If it was contagious do you not think she may have had it removed by now for fear of passing it on to others?
You shoudnt worry any more!

I suppose. That makes me feel slightly better i guess.
How do you know it was a wart? It can be difficult to tell sometimes, especially on the face where it's probably half covered in makeup.

If it was in fact a wart and you did touch it then chances are you contracted the virus, as HPV is very contagious when symptoms are present.

However! It really isn't a big deal, it's estimated that between 50-80% of people contract some form of HPV within their lifetime. It's easy enough to treat in the majority of cases (though the virus can't be gotten rid of), all they do is freeze off visible warts. And re-occurrence goes down in time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
How do you know it was a wart? It can be difficult to tell sometimes, especially on the face where it's probably half covered in makeup.

If it was in fact a wart and you did touch it then chances are you contracted the virus, as HPV is very contagious when symptoms are present.

However! It really isn't a big deal, it's estimated that between 50-80% of people contract some form of HPV within their lifetime. It's easy enough to treat in the majority of cases (though the virus can't be gotten rid of), all they do is freeze off visible warts. And re-occurrence goes down in time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure this isn't herpes simplex virus 1 you are talking about?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure this isn't herpes simplex virus 1 you are talking about?

Nope I'm talking about HPV , though that strain of herpes is also very common.
Original post by SophieSmall
Nope I'm talking about HPV , though that strain of herpes is also very common.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that got me confused since that hsv strain is very common and can get transmitted on a similiar way.

Quick Reply

Latest