Lindsey777
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I had a baby June 2014. My period started back in July/August but has always been irregular. I had intercourse in September 2014. I missed my period January 2015 and still haven't had a period this month of February. I do breastfeed. I have been having pregnancy symptoms such as back pain, fatigue, headaches, dizziness. I have took 4 pregnancy test since October 2014 and all were negative. The thing that is freaking me out is that the other day I was sitting down and I felt movement in my abdomen and I could also feel and see it on the outside of my stomach, it felt and look just like a baby moving, which really is worrying me. Can someone help me figure out what's going on???
PandaWho
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lindsey777)
I had a baby June 2014. My period started back in July/August but has always been irregular. I had intercourse in September 2014. I missed my period January 2015 and still haven't had a period this month of February. I do breastfeed. I have been having pregnancy symptoms such as back pain, fatigue, headaches, dizziness. I have took 4 pregnancy test since October 2014 and all were negative. The thing that is freaking me out is that the other day I was sitting down and I felt movement in my abdomen and I could also feel and see it on the outside of my stomach, it felt and look just like a baby moving, which really is worrying me. Can someone help me figure out what's going on???
Have you had unprotected sex in that time? And when did you last take a pregnancy test?

If your worried go to the drs and they can do tests
Lindsey777
Rep:
?
When I had sex that time it was unprotected and it was only a few minutes. The doctor did just 1 pregnancy test in October & it was negative. The other 3 I took were all negative to.
PandaWho
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I had sex that time it was unprotected and it was only a few minutes. The doctor did just 1 pregnancy test in October & it was negative. The other 3 I took were all negative to.
Ultimately it doesnt matter if it was 1 minute or 1 hour unprotected sex is unprotected sex.
How long after US did you take the test?
Lindsey777
Rep:
?
The first test I had was about 6 weeks after I had unprotected sex and the doctor took that one and it came back negative.
PandaWho
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The first test I had was about 6 weeks after I had unprotected sex and the doctor took that one and it came back negative.
If thats your only time in that period then your more than likely not pregnant and its probably your mind playing tricks on you, but if your worried go back to your dr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lindsey777
Rep:
?
I have a doc appointment soon for a yearly exam so I'll talk to my doc then. What is just worrying me is the movement I felt. I mean the last time I've had sex was Sept 2014 & I just cant understand why I would be feeling that kind of movement. I have heard of fetal phantom movements & cryptic pregnancy & all of that just scares me. I mean can someone really be like 5 months pregnant and not know it?
Teach9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can get a false positive but not a false negative. I hope that helps you feel better ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Musie Suzie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should take another home test and see your doctor asap; don't wait for your yearly exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Future African game vet
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not to freak you out or anything, but a friend of mine gave birth to a baby she didnt know she was having! her pregnancy tests all came back negative throughout the entire pregnancy...
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you really think you could be 20 weeks pregnant? That's so far along that I'm sure you'd have a sizeable bump. In a month the fetus could probably survive outside of the womb...I highly doubt you're pregnant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why not ask for a scan to tell you one way or the other? I think it's unlikely you are pregnant but we are not doctors or midwives.
Lindsey777
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice!
Mahbuba1997
Badges: 13
Report 5 years ago
So you had sex September and missed your period in January? It's now Feb so you'd be 4/5 months pregnant, do you see a bump?
PandaWho
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Do you really think you could be 20 weeks pregnant? That's so far along that I'm sure you'd have a sizeable bump. In a month the fetus could probably survive outside of the womb...I highly doubt you're pregnant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone that got to 8 months gone and didnt know. The drs kept putting her weight gain down to other illnesses and she saw weird signs so we pursuaded her to go to the drs and she found out she was about 8 months pregnant!

As an aspiring medic you should know this stuff surely

Posted from TSR Mobile
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PandaWho)
I know someone that got to 8 months gone and didnt know. The drs kept putting her weight gain down to other illnesses and she saw weird signs so we pursuaded her to go to the drs and she found out she was about 8 months pregnant!

As an aspiring medic you should know this stuff surely

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's very, very, very rare. Unless you're severely overweight (and you'd have less chance of conceiving if you were), then you would definitely notice you were eight months pregnant.
Tanya1901
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No my mum is a midwife and has told me a story of a woman who didn't know she was pregnant and she wasn't overweight. Sometimes the baby can grow towards the spine and so you may not grow a bump. I would take another test or go see a doctor sooner so you know and can prepare for another baby if you are in fact pregnant. Hope everything works out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lindsey777
Rep:
?
Im not overweight. Before I got pregnant with my baby I weighed 115 pounds then went I went to have her I weighed 175 pounds, right now I weigh about 135 pounds. I don't have a bump but I still have a lil fat from having my baby. My sister is 4 months prego & she has a bump already & her stomach is hard to, so idk whats going on with me.
Lindsey777
Rep:
?
I don't have a bump I just have some extra weight from where I had a baby last year. I weighed 115 lbs when I found out I was prego & I was 7 weeks then. When I went to deliver I weighed 177 lbs & right now I weight about 135 lbs. My sister is prego & she is 4 months, she has a bump & her belly is already hard.
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do another pregnancy test because you done them all before you felt your abdomen move so maybe now after May give you a more accurate result and if it is still negative then go to the doctors and tell them what you wrote on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed