Obamatron to start WW3. Watch

illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31279621

Yes if the peace talks fail Obama is going to arm Ukraine to fight against Russians.

Its been nice knowing you Fellas and Girls.
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Russia denies sending troops and wouldn't be in their interest to directly retaliate as it would contradict their position of being supposedly neutral and not involved. As for relations in general, I would say this is really provocative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This won't start WWIII. It didn't start it when we and the USSR armed armies for proxy wars and it sure as hell won't start now.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)

Yes if the peace talks fail Obama is going to arm Ukraine to fight against Russians.

These ignorant alarmist theories about world war three starting is really getting irritating. Pretty sure the majority of TSR would have spent the cold war buying cans of corn and digging bunkers. Tensions today have been far, far worse in the past. This will not lead to war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Proxy wars don't go nuclear, the worst they get is Vietnam.

At any rate, this Russian aggression cannot be tolerated and so i support the arming of the sovereign state of Ukraine.

Glory to the west..

Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good on Obama. Putin knows his regime is on shaky ground, and that only military engagement will keep him secure.
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
These ignorant alarmist theories about world war three starting is really getting irritating. Pretty sure the majority of TSR would have spent the cold war buying cans of corn and digging bunkers. Tensions today have been far, far worse in the past. This will not lead to war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about Cold War II? I've seen you post on a few threads. Obviously most of us never had to live through the fear of events such as the Berlin Blockade, the Hungarian Invasion, Vietnam, Cuban Missile Crisis, Korean War, Korean Airlines Flight 007, Able Archer 83 ..., so to a lot of people this comes across as quite frightening as its not really a world we are used to.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
What about Cold War II? I've seen you post on a few threads. Obviously most of us never had to live through the fear of events such as the Berlin Blockade, the Hungarian Invasion, Vietnam, Cuban Missile Crisis, Korean War, Korean Airlines Flight 007, Able Archer 83 ..., so to a lot of people this comes across as quite frightening as its not really a world we are used to.
It's not really Cold War 2. It never went away.
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
It's not really Cold War 2. It never went away.
So you're suggesting the 1990s and early 2000s were a second round of détente then? (like the 70s where the cold war was still raging on but things tended to be more sporadic, so not much was going on)
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you're suggesting the 1990s and early 2000s were a second round of détente then? (like the 70s where the cold war was still raging on but things tended to be more sporadic, so not much was going on)
Humans have been fighting each for millenia, in the grand scheme of things ~17 years of what looked like peace is simply a blink of the eye.

The shroud of the cold war may be falling.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Those in the military realised it was too soon to say in the 90s and 2000s that it was over.

I think the accountants who drove through defence cuts on the back of it wished it was.

Sadly, people have a habit of forgetting history rather quickly and being a little overly optimistic. The geo political picture changes rather slowly.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

You'll be voting Tory before WW3 starts.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
You'll be voting Tory before WW3 starts.
dont think so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (147)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (135)
17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (244)
30.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed