Is Aberdeen University slow at giving offers? Watch

LouisaChris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I sent off my ucas application in early November, the university emailed me a few days later asking for some additional information to decide which fee status to give me, and after two weeks they had decided. But I still haven't received an offer.. are they just slow?
xlivres
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
same here, i've sent them my offer in december and from that point i haven't heard from them
orlrighty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had an unconditional offer in January for LLB Hons so they must be giving out some offers.
xlivres
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congrats! Still waiting ...:confused:
FrauBecca
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sent my application off in the middle of November and just received an offer, so I'd say they are slow but apparently faster than Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt and Dundee...
baars
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also still waiting to hear back, applied for Psychology a few days before the deadline...
Rikke1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sent my application off the 1st of November and also still waiting. Aberdeen should allegedly be quicker at answering than my other choices though (St Andrews and Edinburgh - haven´t heard from them either). In any case, Aberdeen definitely has started sending out offers, so hopefully we´ll hear back soon
LivK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I applied in october and still no news :/
baars
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How come Glasgow is able to respond in a week and Aberdeen or St Andrews take ages to get back to you :/
Rikke1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by baars)
How come Glasgow is able to respond in a week and Aberdeen or St Andrews take ages to get back to you :/
Well, St A is quite competitive, but I´m not sure about Aberdeen.
K17L
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I applied to Aberdeen, I didn't hear anything from them until the end of April/beginning of June. It was such a nervous time for me since all my friends had offers and knew what they were doing around this time and I was left in the dark until I was getting ready to leave school. They will have been inundated with applications so it can take a 'while' to respond - which I know is no help for the nerves! But you will hear back, don't worry. Best of luck; I hope you get what you applied for!
BenfordG3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applied with the masses few days before the deadline of 15th of Jan and I am still waiting. Hoping for the best and wishing the best to anyone else who's still waiting too.
GoingToBurst
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aberdeen are notoriously slow and are likely to be even slower this year due to the issues they had with accepting too many students last year. Don't worry guys, no news is good news! It means that they are seriously considering your application rather than they've decided they definitely don't want you .
Clansman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coincidentally three years since this thread was created, and I'm in the same situation. Applied in December and still not heard back for my application to Aberdeen to study Economics & Politics.
jufloriane
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Clansman)
Coincidentally three years since this thread was created, and I'm in the same situation. Applied in December and still not heard back for my application to Aberdeen to study Economics & Politics.
I applied for Economics & Politics aswell back in January and haven't heard back either. Really hope to hear back soon
Clansman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jufloriane)
I applied for Economics & Politics aswell back in January and haven't heard back either. Really hope to hear back soon
I heard back today and got a conditional! Any luck with you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Do you get study leave?