A question about A-levels taken in a 2 year sitting.... Watch

madhead123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey there...a quick question again really.

ok im aware that some of my unis im applying to expect a student to take his subjects during a 2 year period with no resits. I completed my A-levels with grades AABB with no resits. However, one of my alevels was basically a **** subject so i decided to take an alevel, law, in a year during my gap year. Would this exclude me from unis who expect studies to be done during a two year period? thanks

GCSEs
AAAAAABBBB

A-levels
AABB + Predicted A this year in law

Applied
KCL
LSE
LEEDS
LEICESTER
LIVERPOOL
QUEEN MARY
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably, no offence but taking one a-level at a totally different time is far easier than taking 3 at once ... even if you resit the odd module in the 3. Sorry. That's how i view it personally, however .. I dunno really, only time will tell for you I guess! You already have the grades for your AAB unis after all (assuming one of those A's isnt a dodgy subject - ie GS or your other "****" subject, and if the AA is in good subjects, andonly one of the B's in a lesser subject you might be OK ... the problem is if the BB is in GS and a **** subject!).
madhead123
Rep:
?
lol none taken pal, it is guna be easier of course...However,i am working 4 days a week...and its hard to do it when ya nakered all the time!...im a builder.

i got an A at English lit
B at History
A at Media lol!
and another B at General

jst to clarify

also, i have a doctors note for "Mitigating circumstances". i was ill for all of year 13 . so would this be taken into consideration as well?
superdillon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by beazzz)
also, i have a doctors note for "Mitigating circumstances". i was ill for all of year 13 . so would this be taken into consideration as well?
Illness that affects your studies is the clearest of mitigating circumstances that could affect your exam performance, so yes, it probably will be taken into consideration.
madhead123
Rep:
?
thanks superdillon.

any more views about if this would count as not completing alelves in a 2 year sitting?
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Agreed, it's important.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
Do you want to ask this question or something related another few hundred times just to clarify?
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fair.
madhead123
Rep:
?
kirstinx - miserable git. chill out
Purple
Report 12 years ago
Pointing out that you have posted the same question about a thousand times makes me miserable? :toofunny:
madhead123
Rep:
?
it makes you petty. you don't have to reply to the question thats fair enough. And i hadn't explicitly formed the question in this way.
Purple
Report 12 years ago
Pointing out facts makes you petty? Wow, what is the world coming to?
madhead123
Rep:
?
busy body girls questioning and aggravating me is what the world is coming to...oh wait its pretty much always been like that :P....

youll probally make a fine lawyer
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nb as he quickly resorts to praise when realises he is defeated. A common tactic of the male gender, the supplicating ones who won't stand up for themselves anyway.
Purple
Report 12 years ago
:toofunny:
madhead123
Rep:
?
defeated lol? theres no defeat.

i posted a similar question previously, and today posted a new one, with more detail in it. she pointed that out, and i said well don't asnwer it then? hows that defeat? she may have pointed out facts, but the notion that she is being petty still stands. I read some of your whitty comments before lewis and would have hoped your not this uptight. jaysus
cancelled_account_11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
busy body girls questioning and aggravating me is what the world is coming to...oh wait its pretty much always been like that :P....

youll probally make a fine lawyer
ok lol so u've always been walked all over on by girls then lol.
madhead123
Rep:
?
lol haha...yeh girls that are clever always walk over guys as they work harder...whilst the law of alcohol made me be a lazy git for year 12/13
Purple
Report 12 years ago
defeated lol? theres no defeat.

i posted a similar question previously, and today posted a new one, with more detail in it. she pointed that out, and i said well don't asnwer it then? hows that defeat? she may have pointed out facts, but the notion that she is being petty still stands. I read some of your whitty comments before lewis and would have hoped your not this uptight. jaysus
I have answered this exact same question for you before, universities that have the policy are so competitive they can afford to be choosy. Your mitigating circumstances aren't going to make that much difference as an illness hardly made you choose Film Studies did it?
madhead123
Rep:
?
yes, well thats is why im taking a further alevel this year. which is the whole point of my question. should this be exclude me from the 2 year alevel policy?...this was my ratified question. of course film studes is ****e.but i got okeys grades in other subjects and didnt have any retakes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads