Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just watched an american chat show (yeah I know, I'm that bored), but there was this girl getting implants on her 18th b/day. What does everyone think about breast implants? Good thing/bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I just watched an american chat show (yeah I know, I'm that bored), but there was this girl getting implants on her 18th b/day. What does everyone think about breast implants? Good thing/bad thing?
    I think they're a waste of money - why not just get one of those gel-filled bras or something if you want to make them look bigger!?

ReputationRep:
    Good for people who are seriously flat or disfigured in some way, but I think many people have them unnecessarily - it would be better if people spent the time 'learning to love' their bodies as they are, rather than going for an instant 'fix'. If you're so unhappy with your looks that you're willing to risk your life over it then you seriously need your bumps felt (couldn't resist).

ReputationRep:
    i have some myself. not really, but it doesnt bother me, if me birds got nice tits, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    The idea of having bags of silicone inserted between my skin and muscle/fat really quite repulses me.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is 23 and getting them in about 3 weeks - I don't see the problem with it at all - its not really much of a risk - just the general ...

Essentially its the same principle as colouring your hair, or piercings... If people want to get it done who is anyone else to have a problem with it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the idea of them atall. You may aswell make them out of plastic and stick them on the outside with ducktape, it'll be no less real than implants.

ReputationRep:
    hehe..reminds me of a ward-round where I asked the pack of doctors around a young patient's bed about her chest X-ray. Turns out the "circular white discs" I had 'discovered' were her newly acquired breast implants which she wasn't to keen in discussing infront of the quickly-silenced ward.

ReputationRep:
    The scars aren't pretty, I heard. Nor are the breasts afterwards, in my opinion.

Each to their own I suppose and if they want to pay through the nose to enhance their self-esteem then it's up to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    The scars aren't pretty, I heard. Nor are the breasts afterwards, in my opinion.

Each to their own I suppose and if they want to pay through the nose to enhance their self-esteem then it's up to them.
    Scars are barley visilble - the breasts generally look fine - although if they are too big they look and feel terrible....

ReputationRep:
    isnt it the bigger the better it feels? (logically)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanny)
    isnt it the bigger the better it feels? (logically)
    na - too big and the skin is taut - and thus the breasts of too firm - they loose all softness.

ReputationRep:
    oic... but dont they have some artificial skin to add to the breast? or they jus blow it up.

ReputationRep:
    oic... but dont they have some artificial skin to add to the breast? or they jus blow it up.
    No none- they just stretch ... its not hard - think how much your skin has to stretch if you put on 100 lbs!

ReputationRep:
    oic... that means the breasts would be hard and stiff... mayb squeeze it more to make it softer? or does it soften over a period of time? due to radioactive decay or sth...

ReputationRep:
    If someone wants them, I reckon they should go ahead and get them!

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell not, if someone wants to do it they can pay to have it done. But I'd never think of someone who had it done in the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I think with all plastic surgery there should be some type of phychological analysis if there isn't already to make sure that they don't have some sort of Body dismorphic disorder (I think it is called). I don't see why haveing plastic surgery is bad if the person really doesn't like that part of their body and it will make them feel more consfident if they have surgery.

ReputationRep:
    I personally like smaller busts generally, so i do not see why any girl would want implants.

ReputationRep:
    oic... that means the breasts would be hard and stiff... mayb squeeze it more to make it softer? or does it soften over a period of time? due to radioactive decay or sth...
    I've heard that it does make them hard, dunno i it softens, but personally I wouldn't like it if a girl had hard breasts even if they were larger.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.