lnx - comp sci
Deedle - comp sci - AAA
varuntalwar - economics - AA
snekegal - law - AAA
natsy - medicine

i'll update this in time...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chewwy, you're psychic, I was just about to start a thread on this topic, yet lo and behold, you created one 1 minute ago :smile:

Anywhooooooo, yeh im me, 2 econ interviews on the 11th Decemeber.

I think you should stay over. It will be better to settle in? I'm staying over, but then again mines at like 9.30 am :eek: Nice UMS' btw :wink:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
heh, mine's very early. clearly they're interviewing the most promising candidates first:rolleyes:
chewwy
i especially like on the letter how it says "DO NOT WEAR A SUIT".

Really? That's a bit odd isn't it hehe? Anyone got any ideas why?
Reply 4
CavemanCaveman
Really? That's a bit odd isn't it hehe? Anyone got any ideas why?

ah, mathematicians. they're a casual bunch.
chewwy
ah, mathematicians. they're a casual bunch.

Haha, fair enough! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Interview for Natsci on the December 5th, starts at 9am, will have to stay overnight. Regardless of what they say, i expect I will wear a suit, just because it's easy.
Interviews for Natural Sciences on the 13th december. I think i will just go on the day. I wasn't aware of the 1.5 hour Thinking Skills Assesment test. :s
hey fellow caius-ans(!) i'm being interviewed on the 12th dec for architecture, 3 days before my birthday...strangely enough, i'm not too nervous as of yet.
Reply 9
I have my first interview at 10, which means two hours to get to Cambridge and then a 15 minute hike to town. I suppose it would be easier to stay the night so as not to worry about having to get up ridiculously early the next morning but I don't live far away enough to warrant doing that.

And I still have to finish those chapters in that textbook I'm supposed to read for the interview... damn.

There's also a free lunch to look forward to; a good reason as any to apply to Cambridge :rolleyes:
Reply 10
date?
Reply 11
Same as yours.
Reply 12
louisekate
Interview for Natsci on the December 5th, starts at 9am, will have to stay overnight. Regardless of what they say, i expect I will wear a suit, just because it's easy.

I have mine on the 5th December too for Medicine. I have three interviews, first one starting at 10am so I probably will stay overnight cos there's no way I will make it to Cambridge by 10am without being dead tired. Could possibly see you there. The suit thing is baffling, I will probably wear one anyway. They can't use that as selection criteria can they if somebody wears a suit they are seen as boring or whatever.
Reply 13
I have three on the 5th. I'll stay over at relatives' nearby. Medicine :cool:
Reply 14
Yay! New potential Caians! Good choice of college!

Weird that they actually said 'Don't wear a suit' - I thought they only ever said 'Suits are not necessary' or similar - that's kind of forceful! Anyway, good luck to you all and don't stress about it!

(I'm a first year lawyer here by the way!)
Reply 15
The actual line is "Please note it is not necessary to be formally dressed for your interview. For example, you do not need to wear a suit".

So pyjamas it is then?
Reply 16
hey!!

my interview is on the 6th for medicine...i guess il dress kinda formally, but not 2 much (no high heels:wink:) do u have any idea bout the kinds of questions they might ask?
Reply 17
Hey I’ve got 3 interviews on December 4th!! Medicine
To answer everything on here...well nearly everything, the whole suit issue for instance.
GO SMART, I know it says it isn't necessary but this may be to relieve the pressure of buying something smart- often pricey, to which not everyone will be able to afford. Just as long as you scrub up well. Also this could be a test, well not a test, but if I was an interviewer and a prospective student entered wearing jeans etc, I wouldn't immediately think, yes! I would question if they are taking it seriously, because as a doctor, when people come in to see you they want to immediately feel they are in good hands, and I think this may be what the interviewers are looking for. How approachable you are.

Also the kinds of questions they will ask, obviously I am unsure too, being in the same boat as everybody else. However I have it on good word that they love people who READ at caius and that they have gone outside of the spec for their course in their subjects...further reading!!

hope it helps
Reply 18
o, and stay the night before, because it may reflect on your egarness to go, and that you have thought about travelling and having a fresh mind in the morning, browsing round, taking in the college.

kk ill stop now, lol i've just discovered this forum!
Reply 19
LiL Rach
Hey I’ve got 3 interviews on December 4th!! Medicine
To answer everything on here...well nearly everything, the whole suit issue for instance.
GO SMART, I know it says it isn't necessary but this may be to relieve the pressure of buying something smart- often pricey, to which not everyone will be able to afford. Just as long as you scrub up well. Also this could be a test, well not a test, but if I was an interviewer and a prospective student entered wearing jeans etc, I wouldn't immediately think, yes! I would question if they are taking it seriously, because as a doctor, when people come in to see you they want to immediately feel they are in good hands, and I think this may be what the interviewers are looking for. How approachable you are.

Also the kinds of questions they will ask, obviously I am unsure too, being in the same boat as everybody else. However I have it on good word that they love people who READ at caius and that they have gone outside of the spec for their course in their subjects...further reading!!

hope it helps

i don't think admissions tutors play games (or 'tests' as you call them) like that.

if the letter says to do something, i think the idea is that they want you to do it. nobody likes a smart-arse.

LiL Rach
o, and stay the night before, because it may reflect on your egarness to go, and that you have thought about travelling and having a fresh mind in the morning, browsing round, taking in the college.

kk ill stop now, lol i've just discovered this forum!

no. giving you a room and food for a night costs them money, and causes them hassle. i'm pretty sure they'd rather everyone made their own way there on the day of their interview, but for some people (i.e. people who lives extremely far away) this is impossible. besides, it appears that the senior tutor's assistant deals with these accommodation matters. does she get a say in who is admitted? i doubt it - it's the admissions tutors who do, and they'll simply be judging you on the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest