The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Gonville and Caius College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Got my interview a while ago but just joined TSR now :smile:

Anyways, I'll be there on the 8th for my interviews as well as the TSA, for anyone else interviewing that day!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Bubbles2010
any other caius medical applicants who screwed up their Bmat???? :s-smilie:
seriously with a score of 3.8, 5.7, 3A.... i'm expecting a letter any minute saying they dont actually wanna see me at interview

Just me from the BMAT thread I guess with my spectacular 4.4, 4.6, 3.5A (shoot me :frown:)
Original post by Amahia11
2 days until my interviews. Nervous!
But i'm excited about the whole experience. And hopefully I can catch a glimpse of Hawking! :biggrin:

Good luck everyone!

Same
Same
... And SAME! :biggrin: I'd love to meet Hawking!!!
Original post by germangirl10

GOOD LUCK!!! I am sure you will do great. I still have 8 days to go :wink:

Had mine today :smile:
I am still alive....somehow lol!
Reply 924
Just got back and Caius is lovely!!!
And the students helping out were really nice :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
GOOD LUCK!!! I am sure you will do great. I still have 8 days to go :wink:

hey how are u preparing for the interviews?
Matthew Morgan - if you are reading this, please send me the link to your fb page via personal message. Too many Matt Morgans :frown: You're impossible to find lol
How've peoples' interviews gone? I've got a couple of friends who stayed behind to help so I'm sure you spoke to one of them

I'm also the fresher rep, so if any of you guys get an offer I'll be in charge of your fresher's week next year :biggrin:
Original post by ArchedEdge
How've peoples' interviews gone? I've got a couple of friends who stayed behind to help so I'm sure you spoke to one of them

I'm also the fresher rep, so if any of you guys get an offer I'll be in charge of your fresher's week next year :biggrin:

Interviews were alright =]

Your friends were extremely helpful. They really helped calm us all down so thank them from our side :smile: I hope they got a decent pay :biggrin:
Reply 929

Mine went quite well fortunately :smile: Interviewers were lovely and the students I met who were helping out were great.
Just praying for good news on January 5th.
Just had my interview last week (engineering) at gonville. I was surprised it felt a lot easier than expected. I had a practice interview in my school which was much harder than the actual one :biggrin: Does anyone know when gonville and caius will send back offers or rejections?
do they like international applicants? :smile:
Original post by AxelElmqvist
Just had my interview last week (engineering) at gonville. I was surprised it felt a lot easier than expected. I had a practice interview in my school which was much harder than the actual one :biggrin: Does anyone know when gonville and caius will send back offers or rejections?

Apparently Jan 5th and if you're put in winter pool then 2 weeks after that :smile:

Good luck to us :frown:
Original post by Catatonia
Apparently Jan 5th and if you're put in winter pool then 2 weeks after that :smile:

Good luck to us :frown:

haha yea definitely I dont want to get my hopes up too much. I'll still be happy with my other offers anyways :biggrin: Cambridge is cambridge tho...

Glad many others found that their interviews went well.

My 3 interviews were ok, some good points and some bad points. But the college was amazing - stayed overnight (in the exact same room as on the open day, coincedentally) and the student helpers were really friendly. Ended up watching some football in the college pub that evening :h:

The month's wait is going to be tough though. Fingers crossed til then :moon:
(edited 13 years ago)
ahhh soooo nervous!!! :s-smilie: !!!!!
really really really want the offer!!!
is there such thing as 'automatic pooling' for medicine?? i read it on New Media Med but dunno if its true?
Reply 936
Does anyone know if Caius sends their offers through the mail or by email? Or does this depend on the course etc?

Also, what does 'automatic pooling' actually mean as opposed to normal pooling?
Reply 937
Original post by jenniifer
Does anyone know if Caius sends their offers through the mail or by email? Or does this depend on the course etc?

Also, what does 'automatic pooling' actually mean as opposed to normal pooling?

They send out letters, but you can email (I think it's Yvonne Holmes) from the day that they send the letters out, and they will email you a PDF copy of the letter

I had heard that if you were good enough to get a place, but they just don't have any to give you, you have to get pooled. To what extent this is true, I have no idea.
Original post by Bubbles2010
ahhh soooo nervous!!! :s-smilie: !!!!!
really really really want the offer!!!
is there such thing as 'automatic pooling' for medicine?? i read it on New Media Med but dunno if its true?

Hey,
As far as I know automatic pooling is for any course EXCEPT medicine :frown:
Are you as nervous as I am? I'm not sure how I'm meant to revise for my January modules till Jan 5th/6th :tongue:
Original post by Caught_A_Glimpse

Original post by Caught_A_Glimpse
Hey,
As far as I know automatic pooling is for any course EXCEPT medicine :frown:
Are you as nervous as I am? I'm not sure how I'm meant to revise for my January modules till Jan 5th/6th :tongue:

hey!! hope ur interview went well!!!
yeah, nervous doesnt quite cover how much im bricking it!!!! after years of wanting to go to cambridge, doing well in gcses/AS writing my ps, getting frustrated with the SAQ, doing the dreaded BMAT and going through to interviews....it seems so unreal that i'm about to find out in 8 days....
but yeah, good luck!!! and as for jan modules, ive just started revising....i just cant concentrate on them at all... tho im glad coz my first exam isnt till 24th jan, so ive still got nearly a month :s-smilie:
anyways, good luck for the 5th!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending