Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1161
Original post by JJBSussat
http://www.facebook.com/groups/201914753230679/
JOIN If you've just made your offers

just joined! :smile:
Hey, I am now applying for Economics at Caius College.
I have already achieved A* in A level maths and now I am studying further maths, A2 Economics, A2 Physics and A2 Chemistry. Caius college requires for A*AA and I have already got A* in maths, so I only need to get 2 As in the other subjects?

What did you contional offer ask for? Did they say something like achieving A in further maths?

Thank you!
:smile:

[INDENT]Hey, I am now applying for Economics at Caius College.
I have already achieved A* in A level maths and now I am studying further maths, A2 Economics, A2 Physics and A2 Chemistry. Caius college requires for A*AA and I have already got A* in maths, so I only need to get 2 As in the other subjects?

What did you contional offer ask for? Did they say something like achieving A in further maths?

Thank you![/INDENT]

Original post by snkangaroo
Hey, I am now applying for Economics at Caius College.

Thank you!

No, they are likely to ask for A*AA to include FM, Economics and one of the two sciences. I also already had two A grades in the bag but had to gain grades in a further three (and they specified the A* had to be from the more relevant subjects-I was the first A* year). They like to see that you can cope with the workload of three simultaneous A2.
In contrast Durham accepted my existing grades and LSE specified different subjects they would count for the A grades (Physics not FM oddly).
Original post by Colmans
No, they are likely to ask for A*AA to include FM, Economics and one of the two sciences. I also already had two A grades in the bag but had to gain grades in a further three (and they specified the A* had to be from the more relevant subjects-I was the first A* year). They like to see that you can cope with the workload of three simultaneous A2.
In contrast Durham accepted my existing grades and LSE specified different subjects they would count for the A grades (Physics not FM oddly).

Thanks a lot. I think it's hard for me to achieve an A for FM so I'm worried.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Are any of you guys going to the London Alumni organised freshers' party? :biggrin:
Reply 1167
any information about how many grad students the college anually accepts? i was also wondering if grad students live in houses around the college or on college. plus are the rents reasonable?
Reply 1168
Original post by ready
any information about how many grad students the college anually accepts? i was also wondering if grad students live in houses around the college or on college. plus are the rents reasonable?

There are 250 grads altogether according to the website, so maybe 80 or so a year? Not sure as that'll be a mixture of MPhils and PhDs.. I'm about to become a grad myself - accommodation is in houses off Hills Road. There isn't much student accommodation actually in the college itself, and only 3rd years (or the odd lucky second year) live there. Rents - per quarter are roughly £1200 - £1500, not had mine confirmed yet.

Hope that helps!
Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to post so sorry if not :smile: I was just wondering what it is like to live and study at Caius for undergrads. I'm hoping to apply to read Medicine this year and I was just looking for honest opinions, I'd be particularly keen to hear from any medics.

Thanks for reading,

Muppet Science
I'm applying here, but admittedly it's more aspirational than realistic :redface:
Hi,

I'm currently in Upper Sixth and I'm thinking of applying to Gonville and Caius to read Medicine. So I was wondering what is it like to study, live etc. there. Primarily I'm interested in:

What is the accommodation like? And what is the 'feel' of the college like?

Any answers are appreciated :smile:

Muppet Science
Should I take the TSA if I am applying for Economics at Gonville and Caius ??
Reply 1173
To Muppet Science:

Accommodation: all first years live in Stephen Hawking Building and Harvey Court, which are on West Road, just the other side of the river from main college (it being too small to fit everyone in). SHB (where I lived in 1st year) was built in about 2006 and is a completely modern building, and Harvey Court was entirely refurbished last year, so both are really nice inside! Both are en-suite with small, fairly basic kitchens (microwave combi oven/toaster/kettle) and laundry facilities. There is the college gym and practise rooms in Harvey Court.

Feel of the college: it's really friendly, is the main thing! I often got chatting to people in other years at dinner/doing music/sports and everyone is happy to help if you have problems of any sort. The college family system is well used at Caius - you have 2 second-year 'parents' and other first-year 'siblings' in Freshers' Week, so there are people to show you round and look after you when you first arrive. The tradition is often carried on into subsequent years (I have just got a great-grand-daughter!) which is really lovely.

To wilson94hklf2: I don't think economists do the TSA, I only seem to have invigilated scientists, but you can email the admission office to check :smile:
Reply 1174
Original post by ready

Caius took just under a hundred last year, according to this chart: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/gradadmissions/prospec/studying/colleges/college_stats.pdf

You may also find this page useful: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/gradadmissions/prospec/studying/colleges/facts.html
Is anyone applying here for Veterinary Medicine for 2013 entry?? :smile:
Reply 1176
Has Anyone got the interview offer? So worried...
Original post by shero

Same - still waiting to hear from them
Reply 1178
Original post by shero

I've just got it! two interviews: 12/4 at 12 and 16.15, written test at 14!!!! anyone else??
If I haven't had an invitation to interview yet should I take that as a rejection?! It said "mid-november" and I'm fairly sure it's now late november!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending