My sixthform teachers doubt me? :( Watch

theTeddyBearx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Hi everyone, what you're about to read is not written by me, it's by my friend. She doesn't have a tsr account purely because she can't be bothered to make one. She will read the replies, but won't reply back, so don't expect me to write back unless it's urgent, which then, I will, on her behalf. Thank youuuuuu.)

okay so my predicted grades for the end of this year are ABB

in the recent mocks i got BDU

teachers are obviously concerned for me

but the truth is, i expected those grades, but actually worse in fact

now the head of sixthform booked an appointment with my parents and called them into sixthform today morning

the head of sixthform literally told my parents that at the moment im looking to fail to get into my firm choice which is university of manchester

they said the highest i can achieve by the looks of things is CCC

this makes me very sad and is actually demotivating?

my initial plans were to get AAB (yeah im being ambitious but i know i can get those grades if i work hard)

my sixthform teachers have literally put my hopes down now and i feel depressed

i have been crying all day just because they think that the highest i can achieve is CCC, which is waaaaay below what i want (ABB) to get into my firm choice

i am so scared and i cant stop thinking about results day and the fact that i might fail

what do you think though? can i achieve grades ABB if i start working from today until my first exam (there is literally 109 days left)

i haven't even started on revision

i'm so scared and worried lord help me and give me the strength

but also, any of your help would be so appreciated... thanks for reading
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tell your friends that whatever her teachers say isn't the future. Teachers are human,some of them can be so wrong about a student
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a teacher so I hope you will take some comfort from what I say. Mocks are just a practice run - they are not your real results.

You can improve by looking at where you went wrong and making a revision plan. Go to EVERY help session and start doing past papers now. Use the exam board mark schemes or get your teachers to mark them. After each one, review what went well and where you still need to do more revision.

I'm not saying it's easy but the power to change is in your hands! Prove those teachers wrong and get your firm - you can do it.
MrJAKEE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just because you get bad mocks doesn't mean that you will do badly later on in your a levels. Personally I believe that anyone can get the top grade so long as they put enough time into their studies, some will require more time than others but with 109 days left I'd say it is perfectly feasible for the majority of people if they worked solidly over the next couple of months to boost their grade significantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
toiletroll
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The best thing you can do is revise now otherwise you're going to feel even worse about it. Even better, think about how much better you're going to feel when you do better than they expected? I have quite a few friends who loved the feeling of proving teachers wrong
aisha_k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
109 day is plenty of time to revise, just revise your ass off! you can do it. it will be that much sweeter when you get your AAB or even better on results day. you just need to be prepared to put the work and effort in consistently.
chlo_bel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
'She doesn't have a tsr account purely because she can't be bothered to make one...' If your 'friend' can't be bothered to make an account, why should anyone on here bother to help her??!!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chlo_bel)
'She doesn't have a tsr account purely because she can't be bothered to make one...' If your 'friend' can't be bothered to make an account, why should anyone on here bother to help her??!!
Yo, this thread was made over 4 years ago, so whatever problems the OP had back them will be of no importance anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%