Henna_mb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello everyone, just thought i'd create a forum for people applying/wanting to go to Oxford Brookes this september to study Art based courses.

Just thought it would be useful to talk about the courses and accommodation etc.

I've received a conditional offer to study Fine Art!
Xxx
elshuckle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

I'm thinking of choosing Oxford Brookes as my firm, I have a conditional offer to do Film Studies
xx
Henna_mb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by elshuckle)
Hi!

I'm thinking of choosing Oxford Brookes as my firm, I have a conditional offer to do Film Studies
xx
Ooh hello! Cool, I've put Brookes as my firm too :-)

Did you go to the applicant day this weekend xx
elshuckle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw cool! I just put it down as my firm this afternoon Yeah I did go to the applicant day! Did you? xx
Henna_mb
Rep:
?
Aw cool! I just put it down as my firm this afternoon Yeah I did go to the applicant day! Did you? xx
Yay!! Exciting stuff, and yes i did, what did you think of the accommodation? xx
elshuckle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Henna_mb)
Yay!! Exciting stuff, and yes i did, what did you think of the accommodation? xx
It was okay! Which accommodation do you like the best?xx
Henna_mb
Rep:
?
It was okay! Which accommodation do you like the best?xx
Nothing really wowed me tbh! They were pretty average considering how expensive they were! So i'd probably be going with Clive Booth NON en-suite purely to save money xx
elshuckle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh) pm me so we can chat more? It's annoying having to keep checking my emails for this thread lol! Xx
Ryan_Jessop
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone here doing the Art Foundation course? I got a conditional offer and I so badly wana go but im confused on whether im entitled to grants and loans and all that stuff so I can actually pay for accomodation
elshuckle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey Ryan!

To see if you're entitled to grants and loans you have to go and apply to student finance once you've chosen your firm and then you fill out student finance with your details and they'll ask you for details of your household income etc. and then they'll get back to you and tell you what you're entitled to
ann333ie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer at both BA fine art & the foundation course.
I'd like to take a year for foundation course but I don't think there's any sort of funding available for the accommodation? Is this definitely the case?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ryan_Jessop
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AnnieLS)
I have an offer at both BA fine art & the foundation course.
I'd like to take a year for foundation course but I don't think there's any sort of funding available for the accommodation? Is this definitely the case?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately Yes, you could get a bursary but that'll be no where near enough, right now I'm looking at private student loans done by banks which still have a conditions similar to a government student loan but with a few added negatives, looking at £4,000 for accommodation and then maybe claiming income support for food n stuff like that, it's only to see me by the year and to get my onto an Architecture degree at OB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (280)
61.14%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.8%
No- I want it (122)
26.64%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.42%

Watched Threads

Latest