TheMadHatteress
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths at AS.
I want to apply for Law. Am I at a disadvantage for not having any essay based subjects? Any help would be much appreciated. Please help me- the worrying is killing me.
Thanks.
KairaK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's most likely that essay based subjects will aid you i.e. history in applying for law but they're not necessarily a requirement. Have you taken the LNAT?
TheMadHatteress
Rep:
?
No I'm currently studying for my AS levels. I'll take the LNATs later this year. But do you think they give more preference to students who have essay based subjects? Thanks a ton, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
antigone-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be honest, essay skills are really important to Law. Maybe try and prove you have essay skills otherwise, i.e. entering an essay competition, submitting articles to websites etc.
TheMadHatteress
Rep:
?
I won an national essay competition last year in my country, and also a few that have taken place in my school, and have also written for my local newspaper before. So do you think these will help and put me in the advantage? Thanks a ton

Posted from TSR Mobile
KairaK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It will help and maybe you should take some of your best essays and send them to the universities so they can see you have the capability for Law.
TheMadHatteress
Rep:
?
They're all fiction though. But do you think they would not prefer me due to me not having essay based subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheMadHatteress
Rep:
?
Bump.

Posted from TSR Mobile
antigone-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheMadHatteress)
They're all fiction though. But do you think they would not prefer me due to me not having essay based subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps, but with good grades and a good, enthusiastic PS you could be okay. This thread may help also: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1264511
TheMadHatteress
Rep:
?
(Original post by antigone-)
Perhaps, but with good grades and a good, enthusiastic PS you could be okay. This thread may help also: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1264511
Thanks! That thread really did help 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.39%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.42%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.39%
No - I live at home during term anyway (140)
29.23%

Watched Threads