The Student Room Group

A2 english language course work

I need help with my english language course work a2.
I dont have a clue!!!!!
I need ideas
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
Usually your teacher will give you some guidance if you ask; what are the topics you're studying this year? We're doing language acquisition or language change and then taking ideas from those :-)
Reply 3
Original post by izzyll
Usually your teacher will give you some guidance if you ask; what are the topics you're studying this year? We're doing language acquisition or language change and then taking ideas from those :-)

My teachers are useless! We're doing LA & LC aswell
Reply 4
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum
should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:

I'm new to SR you see so I'm just abit clueless on how to use it 😂😂
Reply 5
Original post by ajaybungar
My teachers are useless! We're doing LA & LC aswell

Its a good idea to focus it on something that you've studied or briefly looked at in class.
Language acquisition ideas:
- how do children react differently when they're with adults compared to when they're with children of their own age?
- how do reading schemes work to encourage language development?
- how does a child's writing develop over time? (You could look at diary entries or school work)

language change ideas:
- how do adverts promoting women's make up products change over time?
- how do football reports change their style of writing over time?

you could look at some ideas like these. :-)
Reply 6
Original post by izzyll
Its a good idea to focus it on something that you've studied or briefly looked at in class.
Language acquisition ideas:
- how do children react differently when they're with adults compared to when they're with children of their own age?
- how do reading schemes work to encourage language development?
- how does a child's writing develop over time? (You could look at diary entries or school work)

language change ideas:
- how do adverts promoting women's make up products change over time?
- how do football reports change their style of writing over time?

you could look at some ideas like these. :-)

I've found a topic, but I'm not to sure how to write up an investigation on it.

My idea is: How has the British youth of today made an impact on the English language?
And used the example of Kidulthood.

Thanks, you have been a great help!!
Reply 7

My idea is: How has the British youth of today made an impact on the English language?

You could also link it to technology and how it has been embraced by the young generation, with the coining of words such as 'selfie' but also ameliorations such as 'sick'.

I think the major reason why you're stuck is because you have narrowed down your investigation to focus on "British" youth rather than Pop culture or youth of today or something like that. If you have enough evidence and research to find linguistics, sociolinguistics to help you with the British youth then you should be fine. I personally think as the investigation is so big, you have already put yourself in a narrow place by secluding your study of only British youth.

I'm surprised you can use scripts as evidence.. that's language to entertain, I'm surprised you didn't have to go and record people or take a recording out a "non-rehearsed" environment.
Reply 9
Original post by izzyll
You could also link it to technology and how it has been embraced by the young generation, with the coining of words such as 'selfie' but also ameliorations such as 'sick'.

Thanks alot! Now I just need to write it up, I'm just not to sure how to start it and what to write about. I'm so clueless on this coursework :'(
Thanks alot! Now I just need to write it up, I'm just not to sure how to start it and what to write about. I'm so clueless on this coursework :'(

Just wondering is your investigation piece in subheadings -non-fluency features/verbosity/overlsps? Etc ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got a response back on my coursework and my teacher has told me to divide my investigation into sub-headings otherwise my paragraphs looked too long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending