Morrisby Test? Watch

purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey all!

I was wondering-have any of you taken the Morrisby test at all? It's a test which is supposed to tell you what careers you'd be good at, which subjects you should take, etc.
Basically, I took the main part of it (a whole morning of tests, for many different things) on Thursday morning, but I don't get to find out more about my results until December.
So, has anyone taken it? If so, did you find it useful at all, and did you find it fairly accurate? Was it worth the money?

Also, I'm really stuck as to what to take for my 4th A-Level. I'm 95% sure I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but I have no idea about the other one. I'm thinking probably either RS, Economics or French. French I'm pretty good at mostly (listening's tricky, I find), RS I'm taking, and I think I'm fairly good at-just the exams would be pushed for time, and Economics I've never done before and it's a new subject at my school? French and Economics would be the AQA course, and RS would be the OCR Philosophy and Ethics course-I'm doing the same for GCSE.

So yeah...please reply if you've done the Morrisby test/have any ideas about which subject would be best. Thanks
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
What subject are you thinking about doing at university?

EDIT: I will rephase it: what subject would you like, and enjoy, doing at university?
purple-girl
Rep:
?
At the moment, probably something to do with biology, or just generally science based. So whatever my 4th option is, it probably wouldn't help me at all if I do science.
jonsey
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey, i took the morrisby test a while back, an i didnt have a clue what i wanted to do career wise or A level wise. It was useful as it sugested careers that i hadnt thought of, or really considerd before, and it got me thinking more about what im good at, it was also really interesting becuase of the psychological aspect of the test as it told me some things about me that i hadnt really considerd before. I also had an interview with the guy who does the test, which was interesting, but not really necessary.

Just see what the test says, but dont use it as a base for what you should do. It recomended me to do maths, and i was very colse to doing it as an AS choice, but im so glad i didnt in the end, because it really wouldnt have been for me.

Hope that helps
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by purple-girl)
At the moment, probably something to do with biology, or just generally science based. So whatever my 4th option is, it probably wouldn't help me at all if I do science.
I am consierably biased in this matter, but do you have any interest in Physics or Further Maths?
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Physics or Further Maths...I'd probably be fine with both of them, but I'd prefer to something different. Something unrelated to the other 3 subjects. Although I'm a sciency/mathsy sort of person, I wouldn't particularly want to do 4 science-based A-Levels. It'd just be too...I dunno...hefty? I can't think of the word...
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by purple-girl)
Physics or Further Maths...I'd probably be fine with both of them, but I'd prefer to something different. Something unrelated to the other 3 subjects. Although I'm a sciency/mathsy sort of person, I wouldn't particularly want to do 4 science-based A-Levels. It'd just be too...I dunno...hefty? I can't think of the word...
Sciency? :p:
nayiseda
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do RE it would show that you are capable of writing essays as well as thinking scientifically. It would also be interesting.
I do economics and its good, if you're good at sciences i expect youll find it easy.
Doji
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
HAHA, im same as you... im doing Maths Bio Chem ..and ffor the fourth a conflicting subject.. Politics ....it's good, intresting...and all careers open to me appart from engineering...and of course dance and acting lol (u knw what i mean)
Zinc11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd choose RE. but French would be good coz languages are always good.

all 3 are contrasting subjects. econs slightly less contrasting coz its 50% science 50% humanities I think.

did some careers test recently and it said i'd be good doing something creative. hm.. i may have some hidden creative talent somewhere. haha. i think you shouldnt rely too much on test.
no1mohsin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've done it, but I don't think it helped me that much or told me stuff I didn't already know.
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yup same as the above. Although it did tell me that im not as good as exams as i am usually and it gave me this whole little physcological reason why, and i was like yay finally some proof
Crosseyed And Painless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I did it...gave me some ideas of things that might be interesting, but ultimately I've always wanted to do biology. It did say I may get bored if not challenged sufficiently....explains why my two weeks of Photocopying Work Experience was a terrible time.

If I were you(Well at least if I had the same decsion to make) I'd go with RS...wanted to do RE for AS but it wasn't an option for my year so did Philosophy instead.
AisAis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
/\

Ice cream
Mayonaise
Cream
Egg white
Sugar
Salt
White choc
Tera-masoo (sp)
Merange
Milk
Flour
Bread
Ice-cream flavour Chewitts
Snow
Marsh mellows
Milk Bottles
Icing
Rice paper

I've run out of steam
lovers in japan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I took the test, and I thought it was very accurate; suggested careers which I had already considered, and although the way it works seems rather random, you can't argue with results
Crosseyed And Painless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AisAis)
/\

Ice cream
Mayonaise
Cream
Egg white
Sugar
Salt
White choc
Tera-masoo (sp)
Merange
Milk
Flour
Bread
Ice-cream flavour Chewitts
Snow
Marsh mellows
Milk Bottles
Icing
Rice paper

I've run out of steam
Now round metal things...
purple-girl
Rep:
?
That was white things that you can eat, I take it? We had to do that too. I only put flour, salt, sugar and cauliflower, I think. I have a rubbish imagination!

Anyway, I've got my profile (well, a couple of weeks ago now), and I found it interesting. It at least said I should do science. And it was very accurate-the odd tuing wasn't too accurate, but it was mostly good. I got some results off the scale
iyax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello comrades.

I'm scheduled to sit for the morrisby test as part of my job interview recruitment process. So can anuone here help me with the possible questions that can be asked? I've so far gathered the following questions.

1. List round metallic things.
2. List things that are straight and are made of wood.
3. Write a list of white food.
4. List things that are soft and are used at home.

Can anyone help me continue the list? *I'm a 23*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise