coyle96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm from northern ireland and I have an offer for university of bolton and was just wondering what it's like from a students perspective. I am going to an open day in march so I'll be able to see the place myself but would still appreciate other peoples opinions!

Also, what's accommodation, nightlife, costs..etc like?
mr7amt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

My name is Raz, I am second year student here, I think university is great especially when it comes to suppor, you will get all sort of support.

You mentioned you will be attending open day you will be told you are name not a number and they mean that.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Raz

Posted from TSR Mobile
coyle96
Rep:
?
(Original post by mr7amt)
Hi,

My name is Raz, I am second year student here, I think university is great especially when it comes to suppor, you will get all sort of support.

You mentioned you will be attending open day you will be told you are name not a number and they mean that.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Raz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Raz!

that is very comforting! lol I just booked my flight last night for the open day and am looking forward to seeing everything myself! it's so scary thinking about going so far away for uni. I was just wondering, is it a far walk from the rail station to the uni?

thanks, Claire
mr7amt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Claire,

Train station is only 7 mins walk from uni and hope to see you because I might be there on that day.

Raz

Posted from TSR Mobile
coyle96
Rep:
?
aw that's grand thanks! yea hopefully I'll see ye

thanks Raz!
mr7amt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not been show off or anything I am quite popular in uni so if u ask for me they will know who you talking about.

Raz

Posted from TSR Mobile
coyle96
Rep:
?
aw not so bad then! i'll make sure to ask then!
mr7amt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great

Do you have anymore question about anything.

I will try my best to answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
coyle96
Rep:
?
at the minute I wouldn't even know what to ask but will probably have questions once I've seen the uni!
mr7amt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's fine anytime, I know those feelings Been in that place.
University of Bolton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by coyle96)
at the minute I wouldn't even know what to ask but will probably have questions once I've seen the uni!
Hi Coyle, My name is Aimee and I am one of the Marketing and Recruitment Officers at the University. Raz is currently one of our Student Ambassadors and will be running the Student Life presentations on the day hopefully as he also helps out a lot with the SU. (He normally does)

I just wanted to send you a quick message as I am in Belfast on the 4th and 5th March for a UCAS fair. It will be held at The Kings Hall Pavillion if you want to come down on that date or if you are already there come and say hello. I can give you a prospectus and some course information so you have a bit more information before you come to the Open Day.

If not we will see you when you are over in Bolton.

Aimee
coyle96
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Bolton)
Hi Coyle, My name is Aimee and I am one of the Marketing and Recruitment Officers at the University. Raz is currently one of our Student Ambassadors and will be running the Student Life presentations on the day hopefully as he also helps out a lot with the SU. (He normally does)

I just wanted to send you a quick message as I am in Belfast on the 4th and 5th March for a UCAS fair. It will be held at The Kings Hall Pavillion if you want to come down on that date or if you are already there come and say hello. I can give you a prospectus and some course information so you have a bit more information before you come to the Open Day.

If not we will see you when you are over in Bolton.

Aimee
Hi Aimee,
I'll look into getting to belfast one of those days. It would be nice to meet and chat to you face-to-face. If I can't make it I'll hopefully get chatting to you at the open day in march! I got a prospectus before christmas after ordering one of the website but it would be good to get chatting to you about the course I've applied to and what not.
Might see you in belfast hopefully!
thanks, Claire
Simy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Claire 😊

My name is simi and I'm from Ireland too, I was just like you when I first came to Bolton nervous and worried but in the end I am really happy, I enjoy the course I do, I have amazing friends including Raz 😂 and I enjoy everyday here. Hope to see you at the open day 😊 and if you have any questions about my transition from Ireland to England feel free to ask me 😊
University of Bolton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Aimee,
I'll look into getting to belfast one of those days. It would be nice to meet and chat to you face-to-face. If I can't make it I'll hopefully get chatting to you at the open day in march! I got a prospectus before christmas after ordering one of the website but it would be good to get chatting to you about the course I've applied to and what not.
Might see you in belfast hopefully!
thanks, Claire
Hi Claire,

I look forward to hopefully meeting you soon!

Aimee
BigMelz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For anyone asking
What is the University of Bolton like?

It's kind of becoming a big news story
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964002

Some comments from students studying there. It is outrageous, but hang in there kids.
coyle96
Rep:
?
hi Simy,
Its so good to hear that you liked even if it was such a big change! I hope to see ye at the open day too! I'll probably have questions then for ye no doubt! lol

Hopefully I'll see ye then Aimee!
coyle96
Rep:
?
I have a offer for criminological and forensic psychology so just wondering what the course is like?
BigMelz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry, don't know the criminological and forensic psychology course.

http://dailym.ai/1A5ig9u

Comments from people studying there in the Comments at the bottom.

Bringing you the information the University marketing bods are not going to tell you.
lisa-ann
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a offer for criminological and forensic psychology so just wondering what the course is like?

Hi, I wouldn't know the details but certainly persons in the law and psychology fields here whom I have met (this includes advisers and UG/PG students) are quite professional and engaging. They seem also to be pushing the boundaries for research and new ideas in the psychology department.

Nice chatting, and hope to speak with you soon.
Lisa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (143)
24.49%
Pop (142)
24.32%
Jazz (26)
4.45%
Classical (32)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (103)
17.64%