The Student Room Group

How to stay calm for language speaking exam?

Hey, I'm doing my first aqa german GCSE controlled assessment speaking on Friday. I know what I have to say, but I'm worried I will forget it all on the spot (this has happened before).

Any tips on how to stay calm when I'm talking so it doesn't sound nervous and how not to forget it all?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by bckp2000
Hey, I'm doing my first aqa german GCSE controlled assessment speaking on Friday. I know what I have to say, but I'm worried I will forget it all on the spot (this has happened before).

Any tips on how to stay calm when I'm talking so it doesn't sound nervous and how not to forget it all?

First of all don't worry about sounding nervous. Pretty much everyone sounds nervous in these speaking exams and teachers won't mark you down for it usually. To try and stay calm you just have to think about how everyone who takes a language does the exam and manages to get through it fine. In about 4 minutes it will be over and that's that; nobody will think wow he's so stupid for not being able to speak fluent German or anything.
Reply 2
Original post by jakemac
First of all don't worry about sounding nervous. Pretty much everyone sounds nervous in these speaking exams and teachers won't mark you down for it usually. To try and stay calm you just have to think about how everyone who takes a language does the exam and manages to get through it fine. In about 4 minutes it will be over and that's that; nobody will think wow he's so stupid for not being able to speak fluent German or anything.

You're right - Thank you for your help! :smile:
Original post by bckp2000

Just relax, take your time saying it and don't rush! It's a lot easier if your comfortable with your teacher. Just take it as a normal conversation. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by _Charlotte15
Just relax, take your time saying it and don't rush! It's a lot easier if your comfortable with your teacher. Just take it as a normal conversation. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :biggrin:
To be honest, I was really nervous too so nervous I panicked and froze in the middle but once I calmed down I remembered everything and I felt so happy at the end.

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if you have crush on your teacher? 😂Seriously, though, mine is tomorrow and I'm freaking out and I'm only doing my Year 10 mock.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending