Fromfrance
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hii guys!
As it is written in the title I come from France, and I really need help with my English homework.
It will be very kind if you can check and correct all my mistakes !
Sorry if I made mistakes! :confused:

So my text is here, I really need help, thank you sooo much!

1. A fundamental issue:
We speak about counterfeiting, if there is identical reproduction (that is a slavish copy or quasi slavish copy) but it may also be a partial reproduction. Besides the deceit of the consumers, the loss of the turnover and the plundering of the companies' creativity, the prejudice is multiple because the counterfeiter also appropriates the fame of the brand and the result profit of his investments in research and development (R&D) and in advertising.

The big luxury houses are traditionally very careful concerning their communication on the counterfeiting and prefers a concerted action within the framework of the Colbert committee, an association founded in 1954, which gathers seventy-five French luxury houses today.

Next to the important role played by this one regarding advice and lobbying in favour of a stricter legislation on counterfeiting, the committee also leads an action in the main countries of counterfeiting.

2. Cartography and costs of counterfeiting
Asia constitutes by far the first producing region of counterfeiting products (China to her alone produces 90 % of seizured articles), the rest come from the Mediterranean Basin and from Europe. But in many countries, as the countries of central and eastern Europe, Belgium, the United Kingdom and the United States are develloping new and more and more active networks.

It's difficult to give precise figures onto the counterfeiting: the latter concerning only the seizures goods, even though the services of customs check approximately only 5 % of the commercial flows. Furthermore, customs seize more and more important volumes. Is it necessary to put this fact at the account of a bigger efficiency of the seizures or on the correlative increase of the number of counterfeiting? In reality, we notice a conjunction of both phenomena.

The counterfeiting represents today about 10 % of the world trade, that is 200 to 300 billion euros of loss for the global economy. French luxury brands appear among the most in the European Union: according to a study carried out by the Union of the manufacturers (organization of fight against counterfeiting), seven brands out of ten counterfeited are French.

The social cost is estimated at 30 000 employment a year in France and at approximately 200 000 jobs at the European level. The losses in terms of turnover for the French brands amount to 6 billion euros.

From now on, the counterfeiters are equipped with sophisticated machines favoring the mass production.

3. The fight against counterfeiting
There is still little, we considered that the counterfeiting constituted the price of success. But the scale taken by the phenomenon drove to a change of state of mind. The fight against this plague got organized as a consequence, particularly in France, country considered today as the most repressive regarding counterfeiting in Europe.

The legislation in effect leans on the law of January 4th, 1991 transposing a directive of the European council of 1988, modernizing the previous system and establishing an harmonization of the right of the brands. It was extended by the law n° 94-102 of February 5th, 1994, said " Law Longuet ", which strengthens the repressive ways and creates the customs offence. The law of October 29th, 2007 transposes the European directive of April, 2004 relative to the respect for intellectual property rights. The major objective of this law consists in taking into account the close link which unite the networks of counterfeiting with those of the organized criminality. Finally, the law n° 2008-776 of August 4th, 2008 of modernization of the economy definitively confirmed the exclusive competence of county courts to be judged civil actions relative to all the intellectual property rights.

Beyond the law, the French fight against the forgery rests on the action of the Head office of customs and indirect rights ( DGDDI) and of Head office of the competition, the consumption and the repression of the frauds ( DGCCRF).

However, the problems linked to the counterfeiting do not stop on the French borders. The necessary harmonization of the regulations remains unfinished. So the constitution of a real European criminal law establishes one of the major stakes in the fight against the counterfeiting, because of the absence, until now, of capacities of penal nature in the European regulations. If texts define succinctly the objectives to achieve in penal case, they leave to membres States the care of determining the adequate ways to implement to reach them, particularly in the determination of the penalty in every offence.

One more time, thank you!!
It will be great to answer as fast as possible!

Fromfrance
Rep:
?
Nobody to help me?
Please it's very urgent!!!
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
Thank you sooo much!
You are the only one who has answered me!
It's for saturday morning!
Last edited by RK; 1 year ago
Veggiechic6
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You've posted this in the wrong section.
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
(Original post by Veggiechic6)
You've posted this in the wrong section.
Where must I post it, I don't really understand the website.
Please, answer.
Thank you!
Mia1001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Fromfrance)
Hii guys!
As it is written in the title I come from France, and I really need help with my English homework.
It will be very kind if you can check and correct all my mistakes !
Sorry if I made mistakes! :confused:

So my text is here, I really need help, thank you sooo much!

1. A fundamental issue:
We speak about counterfeiting and if there is identical reproduction (that is a slavish copy or quasi slavish copy) but also of partial reproduction. Besides the deceit of the consumers, the loss of the turnover and the plundering of the companies' creativity, the prejudice is multiple because the counterfeiter also appropriates the fame of the brand and the resulting profit of their investments in research and development (R&D) and in advertising.

The big luxury houses are traditionally very careful concerning their communication on the counterfeiting and prefer a concerted action within the framework of the Colbert committee, an association founded in 1954, which gathers seventy-five French luxury houses today.

Next to the important role played by this one, regarding advice and lobbying in favour of
stricter legislation on counterfeiting, the committee also leads an action in the main countries of counterfeiting.

2. Cartography and costs of counterfeiting
Asia constitutes by far the largest producing region of counterfeited products (China alone produces 90 per cent of seized articles). The rest come from the Mediterranean Basin and from Europe. But the problem is also apparent in countries of central and eastern Europe for example, Belgium and the United Kingdom, as well as the United States, who are developing new and more active networks.

It's difficult to give precise figures on counterfeited goods because only seized goods are recognised, and the customs checks only search approximately 5 per cent of the commercial flows. However customs are increasingly becoming able to seize larger volumes of goods. Is it necessary to put this fact at the account of a bigger efficiency of the seizures or on the correlative increase of the number of counterfeiting? In reality, we notice a conjunction of both phenomena.

The counterfeiting represents today about 10 per cent of the world trade, that is 200 to 300 billion euros of loss for the global economy. French luxury brands appear among the most targeted in the European Union; according to a study carried out by the Union of the manufacturers (organization of fight against counterfeiting), seven brands out of ten counterfeited are French.

The social cost is estimated at 30 000 employment a year in France and at approximately 200 000 jobs in Europe. The losses in terms of turnover for the French brands amount to 6 billion euros.

In addition, counterfeiters are increasingly becoming equipped with sophisticated machines favoring the mass production.

3. The fight against counterfeiting
There is currently very little action against counterfeiting that can be considered a success. But the scale taken by the phenomenon drove to a change of state of mind. The fight against this plague has increased as a consequence, particularly in France, a country considered today as the most repressive regarding counterfeiting in Europe.

The legislation in effect leans on the law of January 4th, 1991 transposing a directive of the European council of 1988, modernizing the previous system and establishing an harmonization of the right of the brands. It was extended by the law n° 94-102 of February 5th, 1994, said " Law Longuet ", which strengthens the repressive ways and creates the customs offence. The law of October 29th, 2007 transposes the European directive of April, 2004 relative to the respect for intellectual property rights. The major objective of this law consists in taking into account the close link which unite the networks of counterfeiting with those of the organized criminality. Finally, the law n° 2008-776 of August 4th, 2008 of modernization of the economy definitively confirmed the exclusive competence of county courts to be judged civil actions relative to all the intellectual property rights.

Beyond the law, the French fight against the forgery rests upon the actions of the Head office of customs and indirect rights ( DGDDI) and of Head office of the competition, the consumption and the repression of the frauds ( DGCCRF).

However, the problems linked to the counterfeiting do not stop on the French borders. The necessary harmonization of the regulations remains unfinished. So the constitution of a real European criminal law establishes one of the major stakes in the fight against the counterfeiting, because of the absence, until now, of capacities of penal nature in the European regulations. If texts define succinctly the objectives to achieve in penal case, they leave it to the member States to determine the adequate methods to deal with counterfeiting, particularly in the determination of the penalty in every offence.

One more time, thank you!!
It will be great to answer as fast as possible!

i tried to change some of the basic English mistakes, though I struggled to completely understand what your argument was and so ended up changing some sentences completely. Some sentences might be a bit long, so it might not read exceptionally well, but it makes sense. Good job
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mia1001)
i tried to change some of the basic English mistakes, though I struggled to completely understand what your argument was and so ended up changing some sentences completely. Some sentences might be a bit long, so it might not read exceptionally well, but it makes sense. Good job
Thank youuuu sooooo much!
Your help was really important, and helped me sooo much!

One more time, thank you!!!
username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm half French
Where do you come from?
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
(Original post by jedanselemyia)
I'm half French
Where do you come from?
Ahhh, c'est super!!
Je viens de la Haute-Savoie!
Et toi?
vanillapod
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
bienvenue a TSR =] ca fait longtemps depuis que j'ai parle en français
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
I'm half French
Where do you come from?
Ahhhh! C'est super!
Je viens de la Haute-Savoie
Et toi?
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
(Original post by vanillapod)
bienvenue a TSR =] ca fait longtemps depuis que j'ai parle en français
Merci beaucoup!
Tu as appris à l'école?
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahhhh! C'est super!
Je viens de la Haute-Savoie
Et toi?
C'est rare ça!
Les gens disent plutôt qu'ils viennent de Paris
Je viens de l'Isère
Fromfrance
Rep:
?
C'est rare ça!
Les gens disent plutôt qu'ils viennent de Paris
Je viens de l'Isère
Oui, c'est vrai, on pense tout de suite aux plus grandes villes comme Paris ou Marseille !
De l'Isère ?! J'habite pas si loin que ça!
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oui, c'est vrai, on pense tout de suite aux plus grandes villes comme Paris ou Marseille !
De l'Isère ?! J'habite pas si loin que ça!
C'est vrai!
Oui on habite tous les deux en Rhône Alpes haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads