The Student Room Group

S&P Capital IQ Product Consultant Interview

Wondering if anybody can give me any insight into S&P Capital IQ's first round interview. It says on the email there will be an interview and written test. Slots are for 2hrs 30 mins and the position is product consultant.

Your help is much appreciated!
Original post by KDorka
Wondering if anybody can give me any insight into S&P Capital IQ's first round interview. It says on the email there will be an interview and written test. Slots are for 2hrs 30 mins and the position is product consultant.

Your help is much appreciated!

I applied to that but then when they said ultimately it's working in sales I pulled out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by daindian
I applied to that but then when they said ultimately it's working in sales I pulled out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you go through the full recruitment process with them then?
Reply 3
Hey, I have a first-round interview for the same role next week. I have been told that it consists of 3 interviews and a financial and numerical test.

Have you had yours yet?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by DiFP
Hey, I have a first-round interview for the same role next week. I have been told that it consists of 3 interviews and a financial and numerical test.

Have you had yours yet?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

My first-round will be on the 5th March.

Was curious as to how you are best preparing for it?

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by KDorka
My first-round will be on the 5th March.

Was curious as to how you are best preparing for it?

Thanks!

Well there’s not much information online regarding the interview process relative to other firms, so I’m finding it quite difficult to prepare for it. But I have been practicing generic competency based questions, as well as personal questions (CV, university modules, teamwork, work experience).

With regards to the test, I have been revising my notes from my Corporate Finance module at uni. Just make sure you are comfortable using a few equations, and know the important definitions... I’ll post here after my interview next week to let you know of any important info.

Let me know if you have found anything useful?

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by DiFP
Well there’s not much information online regarding the interview process relative to other firms, so I’m finding it quite difficult to prepare for it. But I have been practicing generic competency based questions, as well as personal questions (CV, university modules, teamwork, work experience).

With regards to the test, I have been revising my notes from my Corporate Finance module at uni. Just make sure you are comfortable using a few equations, and know the important definitions... I’ll post here after my interview next week to let you know of any important info.

Let me know if you have found anything useful?

Thanks

Yup i'm in the same boat, cant really find much online about it to be honest. I emailed the lady asking for further details and she replied saying its a mix of competency and technical interviews.

I come from a non-financial background so the test im a bit unsure of how to prepare for. Again, the lady said in the email 'to brush up on financial services skills' for the test, whatever that means!

When is your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending