Mo98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
At GCSE I didn't get good results, mainly B's and C's. I got a B in Maths and a C in English language. In are recent mocks I got 4 A's. If I got 4 A's at as level, would that give me a chance to get in a Russel uni'?
Mattlloydd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mo98)
At GCSE I didn't get good results, mainly B's and C's. I got a B in Maths and a C in English language. In are recent mocks I got 4 A's. If I got 4 A's at as level, would that give me a chance to get in a Russel uni'?
Depends which uni and hat you want to do

if you want to do maths, you should aim for the best of the best if you want to get into a russell group!

Anyway russell groups aren't the be all and end all of uni's plenty of good ones that aren't russell groups :P
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes definitely!!! All you need at GCSE is 5 Cs (I think? It's been a while since I was at school) and many Russell Group universities give offers to students with BBC grades at A-level. Getting into a Russell Group university isn't as prestigious as it's perceived to be, some are further down the league table than other really great universities which happen to be ex-polytechnics.

What degree are you thinking of doing and where?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can easily get into a Russel Group with 4 A's at AS.
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I suggest doing a spot of research into the entry requirements of the universities you might be interested in.

It's also worth remembering that the Russell Group does not encompass every good university in the UK, and that not every Russell Group university is itself particularly good across the board.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise