tazmin98
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My class has done our Importance of Being Earnest Coursework but now we are doing our Much Ado Coursework. Its a lot harder than the previous and I'm struggling to find a direction. Our teacher was late marking our coursework, so she has given little time for this on ¬¬
Anyway, what I wanted to do was something about the powerplay and how the relationships between the characters fro gender are presented. Any help would be appreciated
fortunesfool
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you got any particular questions? I did that for my coursework and have my resources filed away, feel free to private message me

Posted from TSR Mobile
bakemeacake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im doing the same ive just got my 1st draft back and i got a c what is needed to get the higher grades?
tazmin98
Rep:
?
(Original post by fortunesfool)
Have you got any particular questions? I did that for my coursework and have my resources filed away, feel free to private message me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!
At first, what I really wanted to do was how the men were presented less favourably but there wasn't much wider reading I could find.
So my next question was In Much Ado About Nothing, how is the relationship between genders presented?
I'm going to do three relationships. Hero and Claudio. Beatrice and Benedick. Leonato and Hero
tazmin98
Rep:
?
(Original post by bakemeacake)
im doing the same ive just got my 1st draft back and i got a c what is needed to get the higher grades?
For which one?
bakemeacake
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
much ado
tazmin98
Rep:
?
much ado
It depends on what your teacher said. Did he/she annotate on what you need to do?
faria365
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
could you help me too please? my deadline is tomorrow and im so f*cked :/ im going to have a breakdown :mad:

(Original post by fortunesfool)

Posted from TSR Mobile
tazmin98
Rep:
?
(Original post by faria365)
could you help me too please? my deadline is tomorrow and im so f*cked :/ im going to have a breakdown :mad:
What's your question?
bakemeacake
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i havent considered the structure of comedy. the aspects of comedy needs to be considered when interpreting the text. im not sure on what to write on comedy?
faria365
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you so much for responding! And it is "Beatrice and Benedick are at the heart of the comedy in the play. To what extent do you agree?"

(Original post by tazmin98)
What's your question?
tazmin98
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for responding! And it is "Beatrice and Benedick are at the heart of the comedy in the play. To what extent do you agree?"
You can talk about Hero and Cladio's traditional courtly relationship. 'The love at first sight' Claudio has for Hero. The play at appearance seems to about Hero and Claudio's relationship but is less interesting - reason why because its the conventional relationship on the Elizabethan era - very superficial and fragile - there is no foundation other than a love based on appearance
- However, Benedick and Beatrice- unconventional - more interesting because of their 'merry war' - their love has a foundation or a history - insulting to hide the fact they love each other - they both know each other's faults and about what each other likes or dislikes = more mature love than H & C
Aspect of comedy = their insults to each other + the deception played on both of them as well as in each act which the deception happens - it echoes each other
Hope this helps
faria365
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you so much. How kind of you but do you know how to structure paragraphs as in the literature coursework, I make a point. Evidence with quotes then what?

You can talk about Hero and Cladio's traditional courtly relationship. 'The love at first sight' Claudio has for Hero. The play at appearance seems to about Hero and Claudio's relationship but is less interesting - reason why because its the conventional relationship on the Elizabethan era - very superficial and fragile - there is no foundation other than a love based on appearance
- However, Benedick and Beatrice- unconventional - more interesting because of their 'merry war' - their love has a foundation or a history - insulting to hide the fact they love each other - they both know each other's faults and about what each other likes or dislikes = more mature love than H & C
Aspect of comedy = their insults to each other + the deception played on both of them as well as in each act which the deception happens - it echoes each other
Hope this helps
tazmin98
Rep:
?
i havent considered the structure of comedy. the aspects of comedy needs to be considered when interpreting the text. im not sure on what to write on comedy?
This might help
http://chsccb7.blogspot.co.uk/2011/0...ado-about.html
bakemeacake
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks im trying to prove overall that beatrice doesnt conform to gender roles in this particular paragraph im trying to show that although beatrice has said she is going to change she still hasnt because it is an unconventional sonnet which shows she is still the unconventional woman but im trying to talk more about her language and develop the point could you suggest anything?

(this is the text)
What fire is in mine ears? Can this be true?
Stand I condemn'd for pride and scorn so much?
Contempt, farewell! and maiden pride, adieu!
No glory lives behind the back of such. 1190
And, Benedick, love on; I will requite thee,
Taming my wild heart to thy loving hand:
If thou dost love, my kindness shall incite thee
To bind our loves up in a holy band;
For others say thou dost deserve, and I 1195
Believe it better than reportingly.
tazmin98
Rep:
?
Thank you so much. How kind of you but do you know how to structure paragraphs as in the literature coursework, I make a point. Evidence with quotes then what?
Usually my teacher tells me to do more in depth analysis of the quote and how it links to your point - if possible then offer any alternative view points
Then you link back to your question
faria365
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ugh

Usually my teacher tells me to do more in depth analysis of the quote and how it links to your point - if possible then offer any alternative view points
Then you link back to your question
tazmin98
Rep:
?
Ugh
LOL I know but its not for all paragraphs
faria365
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Omg Im so depressed right now

LOL I know but its not for all paragraphs
edgarcats
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did this CW last year (although I did A Midsummer Night's Dream) and I'm confused as to why you aren't really writing about comedy. My teachers told us that the questions must focus on aspects of the comedic tradition. We had to incorporate theories of comedy (theories of laughter) alongside traditional comedic features eg the role of a 'fool' or the element of the carnival. I read widely about comedy and specifically Shakespearean comedy and that's is how I achieved stellar marks tbh.
For me there was no easy or quick way to get good marks; it was mostly just reading critically and re-drafting until I was happy with my essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (64)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (126)
23.91%
Live streaming events (46)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.87%
A uni comparison tool (122)
23.15%
An in-person event when available (117)
22.2%