Newcastle Bursary/LEA f**ked up? Watch

Bossworld
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi

Thought i'd better check on the bursary situation on newcastle uni site, I get the full grant so should get a bursary as well. I remember after filling in all the forms and sending it to the LEA that they rang me up to confirm that I wanted to share my details, even though me and my mum had signed the form to say so.

Confirmed it there, they said nothing more to do, didn't think about it. Then checked the newcastle site and it says I should have been notified about the bursary if i'm going to get one.

Rang Student Finance Direct just to double check, and they tell me now (midway through november 2006 - bursary should go in soon for those eligible) that my mum hasn't confirmed her details?!

What's gone off here? Has the LEA ****ed up and not confirmed it all when they submitted the details onto the system? Why should it all need confirming when it's all been written down in the first place?

Most importantly, does anyone know if it's too late to get it confirmed? Can't get in touch with my mum, was going to wait till i go home next weekend but that'll be the middle of November so not sure if it's too late?!

Joe
Greenmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't know exactly how the bursary works but the LEA have nothing to do with it. It's between SFD and your uni.
Maybe your support is provisional and until it's finalised SFD won't send your info through. All provisional students/parents will be written to for confirmation of income soon.
As far as I'm aware, bursaries won't get paid until at least January because they want to make sure you are going to stay before they pay.
Bossworld
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Greenmile)
Don't know exactly how the bursary works but the LEA have nothing to do with it. It's between SFD and your uni.
Maybe your support is provisional and until it's finalised SFD won't send your info through. All provisional students/parents will be written to for confirmation of income soon.
As far as I'm aware, bursaries won't get paid until at least January because they want to make sure you are going to stay before they pay.

300 in november and the rest in february i think in newcastle.

the reason i'm laying some of the blame at the LEA is that they're the ones inputting the details into the system, but the form was signed by my mum and I; I should never have had to ring SFD because I'd already agreed to it. Seems that the LEA hadn't confirmed that into the system.

Will see what replies I get on monday anyway.
Archduke
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Despite it being double checked by both my parents, my Head of 6th and myself, apparently I hadn't confirmed that I wanted the financial information to be shared. :rolleyes:

This is Northants LEA, by the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39%
No - but I will (46)
6.79%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.53%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (316)
46.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise