The Student Room Group

Should we BAN the existence of ISRAEL?

and the israeli's will have a option to stay in Palestine, if they will happily stay otherwise they can go elsewhere?

discuss.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

i do not think this is a good idea ?
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
i do not think this is a good idea ?

ok, can you explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
ok, can you explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Israel is a civilised country and has every right to remain as the home for Jews and other people. Why should they be terrorized into leaving their homeland ?
Reply 4
Your grammar is awful! You mean the plural of Israeli which is Israelis (not Israeli's - that possession) unless you are talking about Israelites. However anyway, you cannot ban the existence of a nation state; you can withdraw diplomatic relations which we are not going to do and rightfully so since Israel is the only liberal democracy in the middle east. Although I may not support Operational Protective Edge, I also do not support our current bombing in Iraq. Nor do I support the 2nd Gulf War. If we are going to judge another country, especially the only liberal democracy in the middle east, we first make sure that we are the moral superiors in a situation. Which is simply not the case.
Reply 5
So I meant Operation Protective Edge*
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
Israel is a civilised country and has every right to remain as the home for Jews and other people. Why should they be terrorized into leaving their homeland ?

Why do Jews need a home? considering they are belong to other countries such as; Lithuania or Poland etc.

They are not an ethnicity - but a race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Israel should be abolished and the land should be returned to the Palestinian people.
Reply 8
Original post by al_94
Israel should be abolished and the land should be returned to the Palestinian people.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Why do Jews need a home? considering they are belong to other countries such as; Lithuania or Poland etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because the Jewish people have been kicked out or killed in nearly every country they've resided in with some exceptions such as India. There were the Russian Pogroms, the Holocaust, the Jewish people were kicked out of Britain in 1290, they were kicked out of Germany three times prior to the Holocaust, France, the Papal States, Spain etc... And Jews are not a race, Judaism is a religion; Jews have been often treated as a race such as during the Holocaust but they are a religion.
Reply 10
I reckon they should fight over the land.
Reply 11
Original post by al_94

Why can't you just support a two state solution. I identify myself as Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestine; I support he establishment of a demilitarised Palestinian state centred around the 1967 Borders and Resolution 242 with of course land swaps.
Reply 12
Original post by Dave97
Because the Jewish people have been kicked out or killed in nearly every country they've resided in with some exceptions such as India. There were the Russian Pogroms, the Holocaust, the Jewish people were kicked out of Britain in 1290, they were kicked out of Germany three times prior to the Holocaust, France, the Papal States, Spain etc... And Jews are not a race, Judaism is a religion; Jews have been often treated as a race such as during the Holocaust but they are a religion.

No body is going to kill them now considering the west love them so much.

So why don't they go back?
have they overstayed the temporary settlement they should have received?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I think we should ban the existence of Canada. And Australia. And most of Europe.

Back in the real world...

Posted from TSR Mobile

the Jews were the subject of an extermination programme in the 1930s and 1940s. here is a description of how the Jews of Ponar in Lithuania were treated by their neighbours:

http://www.lithuanianjews.org.il/htmls/article_list4.aspx?C2014=14312&BSP=14307

i don't suppose this will change your mind but other people might be interested.
Reply 15
I want to ban the existence of essex
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by RobML
I want to ban the existance of essex

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

The so called "Jews" left that land thousands of years ago and in recent history they want to return to it? That doesn't give them the right many other populations have left their homeland through out history and therefore don't have the right to return and say this is our land just because they claim their ancestors lived there many years ago.
Reply 18
No body is going to kill them now considering the west love them so much.

So why don't they go back?
have they overstayed the temporary settlement they should have received?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the moment, the West does but as history as shown, attitudes can change very quickly. In the early 1900 and at the start of 1920s, Germany was the most progressive, liberal, tolerant country in the world but that changed. And, when Israel was formed as a state, its borders were much smaller. Israel wanted peace with the Palestinians and the Arab states but they attacked Israel (Israeli-Arab War of 1948) and again they attacked in 1967 (well Israel fired the first bullet but they amassed their army on Israel's borders and order to UN Peacekeepers in the Sinai to leave, so it was obvious they were going to attack) and then they attacked in 1973. Israel has been willing to make sacrifices in order for peace. During the Taba negotiations, Israel was willing to give the Palestinians 96% of the land they wished but they turned it down. This action by Arafat has been decried as a crime against the Palestinians by the Saudi Arabian prince who was the ambassador to the US during the talks.
Reply 19
Original post by al_94
The so called "Jews" left that land thousands of years ago and in recent history they want to return to it? That doesn't give them the right many other populations have left their homeland through out history and therefore don't have the right to return and say this is our land just because they claim their ancestors lived there many years ago.

Fair enough.

So what should we do with the people of Israel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending