European leaders agree a 'peace road map' - Will it last?

Watch
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
European leaders have come to an agreement with Russia about peace for Ukraine. Russia has agreed to a ceasefire but how long will it last?

How does this agreement compare to the agreement Margaret Thatcher negotiated which helped lead to the collapse of the USSR?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31435812
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-8KV_GurLY
Spandy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
European leaders have come to an agreement with Russia about peace for Ukraine. Russia has agreed to a ceasefire but how long will it last?

How does this agreement compare to the agreement Margaret Thatcher negotiated which helped lead to the collapse of the USSR?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31435812
[OOC] Seriously? Russia is following a populist policy on Ukraine and as soon as the people begin to protest that why is money being diverted there when they have more serious problems at home, then the border will fall silent by itself. The Russian soldiers, too, are frustrated. Neither can they sit and watch nor can they directly interfere, and have been relegated to doing the rebels' dirty work.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Spandy)
[OOC] Seriously? Russia is following a populist policy on Ukraine and as soon as the people begin to protest that why is money being diverted there when they have more serious problems at home, then the border will fall silent by itself. The Russian soldiers, too, are frustrated. Neither can they sit and watch nor can they directly interfere, and have been relegated to doing the rebels' dirty work.
Russia is rattling the cage on Ukraine to divert attention away from its failing economy. The Russian military is still in the Cold War era with modernisation only coming within the last few years. I predict the situation will eventually fizzle out, with Ukraine becoming a damaged country with a disastrous economy and no friends in Europe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (112)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (336)
15.01%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (242)
10.81%
Lack of purpose or motivation (313)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (103)
4.6%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (129)
5.76%
Loneliness (192)
8.58%
Financial worries (86)
3.84%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (94)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (106)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (119)
5.31%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (196)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (211)
9.42%

Watched Threads