cheating, is it possible? Watch

This discussion is closed.
chrisger
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
For example: Do you know how much from an essay, write-up (science) and a coursework can i copy from the internet? Do they check every reference and do they use computers which show them how much i've copied, and from where i've copied it?

thanks, chrisger
Deus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They use a system called TurnItIn.
http://turnitin.com/static/home.html

If they catch you cheating on absolutely anything (even just one sentence), they can fail you and you won't get your IB diplomma. It's not worth the risk. Use references everywhere. Don't mess with the IBO.
sdawood
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Academics at this level tend to only use Plagiarism software when an act of Plagiarism is suspected. There are far too many papers to scan them all. Naturally, when only a select number of topics are available to be written on, there will be a overlap between papers, but it is very clear when Plagiarism has been committed. One or two sentances does not set alarms off, but paragraphs and uncited evidence does, and, as I said before, it is very clear when this has been done.

If you copy work from the internet, you will be caught; I can guarentee it.
RobJonesxx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was falsely accused of copying two GCSE English coursework papers. Really high mark A*s too, because I didn't do them in class. I had a draft version of one of them but thankfully both were allowed.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cheating is not allowed. Don't do it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise