wot happens if u dnt get ur required grades? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey im expectin poeple 2 say u go thru clearin, but wen u open dat envelop and u c u dnt get ur grades, n neither of ur unis accpet u, WOT DO U DO?????

is their ne precautions i can take now, whilst waitin 4 the results?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Take the day off work ( if you work that is) therefore you can prepare for phoning uni's etc if the worst happens. Remember that the unis are aware if you got the grades or not. Also if you fsailed to get in your CF, and CI then UCAS will send you a special pack not quite sure whats in it but it basically explains your options etc. Also your school/college will have career people there to help too. I just hoping i get the grades i need Good luck!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
do you have to phone unis?

sometimes even if u dont getr the req grasde some unis let you in, how do u know i uve b een accepte dor not.

as for phoning what do you tell them, i failed so never got in, can you take me
how do you sell urself
ie exuces
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well for a start don't start making excuses about why you didn't get your grades...basically phone them and say "Look, I didn't make my offer grades but I'm still interested in the course at this Uni etc is there any chance that you can still take me?" and hopefully you might get somewhere like that. Failing that, and your insurance won't take you either, clearing is the easiest way to go. Make sure you have a few days free after results day, a telephone, the internet and/or newspaper and a car or other someone else's. Basically, the day after the results come out, each University publishes what course it has spaces available on - you can find it online on the UCAS site or in the paper - I think its the Independant - and basically ring somewhere that you think looks quite good and you wouldn't mind going there, make sure the place is still available and go and have a look round to make sure alright. All the info will be on the UCAS site soon I think. But don't worry to much about it now - there's over a month to go and you can't really do much about it until you get the results anyway!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
you work in mcdonalds :P

Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
or you can always stay another year at 6th form and resit...
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
or you could take a year out and reapply in september.

they'll accept people who already have theyre a-levels at much lower grades than if you havnt sat your exams yet.

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
anything b ut wastin a year
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not many people know that unis get our results FIVE DAYS BEFORE US!! (on the sunday!)

they've got lots of time to sort out who they want and who they dont. Best thing to do is call them when you have your grades and they will be able to tel you straight away whether you are in.

So no need to sell yourself, they'll already have made a decision!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Some places say not to phone them, as they get very busy..
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well of course they say that but it doesn't mean you have to listen to them!!! Hey you can only prove that you want to go there, you have guts and are not afraid to be a little endearing!!! That can only be a good thing!!!
Mr. Prawn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You start asking people 'do you want fries with that?'
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if they are having you, even with lower grades, your school will know, so theres no need to ring. only if they dont want you do you ring and beg.

love Katy ***
Smoke and Ashes
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Maybe with clearing you could find out which paper will have the clearing vacancies... and then since the same courses seem to be in there year on year have a look at the kind of courses that there were last year and try and decide what alternative ones you want to do?

You could also draw up a list of possible universities that may interest you or are in the sort of town/campus that you would like?
Forders
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u make a big long list of ur 1st choice uni admin no, 2nd choice, other ones u think might accept u, other courses ud be prepared to do at ur 1st and 2nd choice then all ur other backup unis in order of preference

but if u dont want to change course take a gap yr nd reapply

theres loads of info on www.ucas.co.uk and they send u this big 'coping kit' or something if u dont get ur grades for 1st or 2nd (u dont hav to ask, they send it neway, although i dont know if its on results day or not)

dont worry, u might not have failyed!!! every1 els thought they were suckers too

xxx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
u stp tlking txt spk and go bak 2 prymerry skool
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Don't be surprised if you fail all your exams because you talk like an infant. For God's sake are you lot really taking A-levels? No wonder people are complaining standards are falling!
roger rabbit
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Don't be surprised if you fail all your exams because you talk like an infant. For God's sake are you lot really taking A-levels? No wonder people are complaining standards are falling!
Hear hear to the rely immediately above. When even the moderator here is incapable of spelling basic words correctly, we're all in trouble. The questioner said you he will go through "clearing"? Another spelling mistake - he will end up with a job "cleaning", because it is all he is educationally equipped for, based on the evidence shown here.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Me again

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on one, but "textspeak" is (a) pretty much illiterate and (b) well nigh impossible to read. It's a bit scary that so many people think it is an acceptable form of communication, especially when you're considering taking a degree.

On a positive note: don't forget that universities don't just look at grades: they look at personality, too. That's why the Personal Statement on your UCAS form is so important - a friend who ploughed her A-levels was accepted at Bristol on the basis of her personal statement. So (provided you didn't write it in textspeak! ;-) ) that may boost you as well. I would encourage you to ring the universities you're interested in too.

Good luck.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I think that if you dont get your required grades your quite thick and you should just quit school and not bothering goin to university because your a waste of space. Become a cleaner; that sounds like a suitable job for you and though it may surprise you being a cleaner does not require you to have a levels.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed