The Student Room Group

Everything is getting just a bit much

Basically im finding life just a bit stressful at the moment. I'm balancing A levels and college with a part time job usually 16 hours a week, with a boyfriend, going to the gym, making time for friends and spending time with my family as well as eating/sleeping/breathing! Im in my last year at college and am trying so hard to get good grades and get into uni as well as balance everything to keep everyone happy! Its now causing arguments with my parents because im not spending enough time at home and then i feel bad because i dont see my boyfriend enough (we have been together for 2 years and he works full time). I cant quit my job because i need to save up for uni and staying in shape is really important to me and i go to the gym with friends so its a chance to spend time with them. I feel really stressed out and am making myself ill, my parents try to be surportive but they add to my stress by shouting at me whenever i leave the house! Ive been really unhappy lately and cant remember the last time i spent the day stressfree doing something i wanted to do without trying to please other people! Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
I share your pain. I am going through all the same motions just now in my second year at uni. I have only recently recovered from a big hip operation and I have a family and house to run including a 3 yr old daughter and a dog. I would recommend you contact your GP and they will offer you some advice and support. There are some good websites like mind.org that gives practical information on how to develop coping strategies. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
I've noticed people of TSR really REALLY love to refer others to go to the GP with whatever problem they have. This is a social problem that requires a social skills solution in order to relieve the stress, how exactly is going to the GP gona help LoL.

anyways, look, been there and gone through that. Is doing well at school important to you? do u aspire to go to university or to do something later on that these grades will depend on? If yes, then rearrange your priorities and explain your dilemma to bf and friends, tell them that until exams are over you will have to focus on working and studying. you're in your final year at school. so I'm assuming its 3 months left until exams begin for you. tell everyone to **** off for only 3 months and they should understand.

You could try cutting down on the hours of work too, if your contract allows you to and you can afford to.

In the end, pleasing your loved ones is not gona get you the grades. Its the harsh truth. Please remember that this is also a solution to the stress so if you don't have grades you aspire to get, do it at least for your mental health. Hope this helped. Take care x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending