Economic students WANTED!

Watch this thread
LearnEconomics!
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of setting up a revision website for A Level economics. The website will contain notes and articles of up to date news related to theories studied.

I'm looking for some keen economic students, in year 12 or 13 , who are willing to contribute to this website, with notes or articles, or both if you wish.

I see this as a great way to demonstrate an interest in economics, and is perfect to mention a personal statement.

If anyone is interested please feel free to reply to this forum or send me a PM.
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'm certainly interested!

Posted from TSR Mobile
jackhaugh
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Go on then, I'll help.
jack3w98
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm interested
LearnEconomics!
Rep:
(Original post by Krollo)
I'm certainly interested!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by jackhaugh)
Go on then, I'll help.
(Original post by gbLDN)
I'm interested
Thats great everyone. Please find the PMs I've sent for further info.

I'm unable to send Krollo a PM, so just wondered if you could tell me if your in year 12 or 13 and if you would be wishing to write articles about real world examples.

Many thanks for everyone so far! Hope to see some more people join in due course
gozzabomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Interested too!
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This is a very good incentive. I'd be interested to contribute in anyway I can.

I'm a first year student, achieved an A* in A level Economics.
WinterApproaches
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
This is a very good incentive. I'd be interested to contribute in anyway I can.

I'm a first year student, achieved an A* in A level Economics.
AQA Economics? If so (or even if not) any tips for an AS student?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by WinterApproaches)
AQA Economics? If so (or even if not) any tips for an AS student?
Yes, AQA. Really just practice past papers, learn the mark schemes inside out, especially for those 25 markers.

I essentially spent more time doing past papers than anything else perfecting my essay writing skills, and ensured I knew the foundational knowledge.

My UMS breakdown

Unit 1: 93
Unit 2: 100
Unit 3: 96
Unit 4: 84

Have fun with it, it's a very enjoyable subject, especially at A2 where you go a little more in depth.
Krollo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LearnEconomics!)
Thats great everyone. Please find the PMs I've sent for further info.

I'm unable to send Krollo a PM, so just wondered if you could tell me if your in year 12 or 13 and if you would be wishing to write articles about real world examples.

Many thanks for everyone so far! Hope to see some more people join in due course
Sorry, I really need to clear my inbox!

I'm in Y12 and I'd be happy to do some articles on the real world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LearnEconomics!
Rep:
Sorry, I really need to clear my inbox!

I'm in Y12 and I'd be happy to do some articles on the real world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Krollo,

just wondering if you would be willing to write about Factors of production, PPFs and positive/normative statements.
I don't expect it to be much, as we want to condense notes so easy to learn from. You can then try and relate some of these topics to business news!
Please can you send the finished document to me by PM. Also can you give me a rough idea when it will be completed.

many thanks
Krollo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Krollo,

just wondering if you would be willing to write about Factors of production, PPFs and positive/normative statements.
I don't expect it to be much, as we want to condense notes so easy to learn from. You can then try and relate some of these topics to business news!
Please can you send the finished document to me by PM. Also can you give me a rough idea when it will be completed.

many thanks
I think you should be able to PM me now :ahee:

Sure, I'll have a crack at this over the next week or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adam171014
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Krollo,

many thanks
I'm first year as eco student averaging 95%, I already have notes on what you've mentioned If you'd like me to message you.

I'd also love to help in any other way possible in the long-term/short-term of this project you're carrying out.
fairplaytoyou
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
LearnEconomics!
Rep:
I think you should be able to PM me now :ahee:

Sure, I'll have a crack at this over the next week or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats sounds great, look forward to seeing it
LearnEconomics!
Rep:
(Original post by Adam171014)
I'm first year as eco student averaging 95%, I already have notes on what you've mentioned If you'd like me to message you.

I'd also love to help in any other way possible in the long-term/short-term of this project you're carrying out.
It would be great, if you'd like to help, if you could send me some notes on some year 13 topics.
Many thanks.
LearnEconomics!
Rep:
(Original post by fairplaytoyou)
I'm interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats great, would you be able to write about merit and demerit goods?
Adam171014
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thats great, would you be able to write about merit and demerit goods?
Sure. I can do this over the weekend.
Adam171014
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
https://www.scribd.com/doc/255683404...-October-IDA11
LearnEconomics!
Rep:
(Original post by Adam171014)
Sure. I can do this over the weekend.
That sounds great, can you just PM it when it's done, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
66.34%
No (26)
25.74%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
7.92%

Watched Threads