maths Watch

v2gls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, in November i am thinking of applying to Warwick for the Inderdisciplinary Mathematics Msc..On the master's overview says that " candidates shall normally have gained at least a 1st class honours degree" .. Is there a postgraduate student on the program who could inform me if everyone in the program has a 1st class honours degree?? I am asking because my degree will be very close to at 1st class degree but won't be 1st class.. Is it worthy to apply??
Also, could you please inform me approximately, how many students are enrolled in the program?
BlueSam3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From the website:

The postgraduate community (over 150, about 60% non-UK) includes over 90 Mathematics PhD students, many funded by the Department's EPSRC DTA grant or on research grants. We have a Centre for Doctoral Training, MASDOC, funded by the EPSRC (jointly with the Department of Statistics) which funds 10 PhD students per year in Applied Mathematics and Statistics. An increasing number of PhD students are attached to one of the other Warwick Doctoral Training Centres (Mathematics for Real-World Systems, Molecular Analytical Science Centre) which are co-supervised in another Department. Since September 2007, Warwick participates with 4 other universities (Bath, Bristol, Imperial, Oxford) in an EPSRC funded Mathematics Training Course Centre delivering 20 PhD-level Maths courses to students in all 5 universities and beyond. In addition, each year there are approximately 50 Financial Mathematics MSc students and approximately 10 Mathematics and [email protected] MSc students. Supporting our postgraduate students is considered to be a vital element in our research strategy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (31)
11.03%
I used to but I don't now (10)