Been out of education for years and need some tips on revision.

Watch this thread
Rugar Rell
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
To cut a long story short, I am self-studying for a certain exam and I am using the official book for the exam that is recomended to both students and teachers. I am reading it whilst taking notes and then re-reading my notes and highlighting information such as key words etc which I will then eventually re-read. Is this a good revison method or am I doing it wrong? sorry I just cant remeber how I revised in school as I havent really needed to revise since GCSE as I did a few BTECs and a Foundation degree which were all coursework based.. and if I'm being toatally honest I dont think I even revised when I did my GCSEs.

Many Thanks

VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hiya,
There's so many methods for revision and everyone's different so you have to find the method/combination of methods that works for you.

What you're doing is absolutely fine so keep going as long as it works for you- lots of my friends use this method.

To vary it you could: make mindmaps, flashcards, do practice questions, watch explanation videos
emeliajadepenny
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi!

I was an A-Level student studying AS subjects at my local Post 16 centre. At first I found it challenging to take the information I was given from my tutors and textbooks into a way that I could revise. I am offering students my support and guidance throughout their studies to provide them with tips on how to revise and how to fit revision and studying into their daily routine.

If you are interested in some help them please let me know I would love to help you with your studies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Emelia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (91)
19.91%
The paper was reasonable (174)
38.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
26.04%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
15.97%

Watched Threads