Statistics!!coursework!

Watch this thread
thonthon
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i've started a statistics coursework I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE CAN YOU HELP AS FATS AS YOU CAN!! the theme is : Journey.
i chose 'the time it takes to travel to school compared to how long it take to go home' i dont know how to
write a hypothesis for it
plan strategy for the hypothesis
plan data collection and caluclation. please help )-:ASAP
thonthon
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
i've started a statistics coursework I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE CAN YOU HELP AS FATS AS YOU CAN!! the theme is : Journey.
i chose 'the time it takes to travel to school compared to how long it take to go home' this is the hypothesis for the planning but i dont know how to
plan strategy for the hypothesis
plan data collection and caluclation. please help )-:
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thonthon)
i chose 'the time it takes to travel to school compared to how long it take to go home' this is the hypothesis
:
This is not a hypothesis ...
thonthon
Rep:
ohh, please can you write me one.
Ssskinz
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You need to try it yourself. You're getting the grade not that person.
R024g
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

A hypothesis is a statement that shows your predictions for a study/investigation/experiment.

Directional is the hypothesis that states the prediction/ difference in results.

For example: More people will like the chocolate ice cream than the Marmite ice cream.

Non-directional is the hypothesis that says there will be a difference but doesn't clarify what that difference will be.

For example: There will be a difference in the amount of people liking the chocolate and Marmite ice creams.

You will probably have to write a directional hypothesis. Don't worry too much about your coursework as you can still come out with a good grade overall with a poor coursework grade (I got a D in the coursework and overall got a B- I was happy with this as I thought I would fail).

Hope this helps and apologies for the strange examples!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads