How to handle rejection from dream university and dream degree Watch

AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
can anyone feel me how I can handle been rejected from my dream university and degree ? Just to prepare myself because I know il feel like a loser and probably be depressed for all my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
SquareBrackets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just take heed from the fact that I got in for my dream subject at my dream university, even my dream college....Five years later I am jobless.
My friend who went to a less good university, is a trader earning over 250k a year.
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry, there are other good universities that will accept you. As long as you go to a good university and get a good grade in your degree, you wont feel bad when you start a job and make loads of money. Always think that.
FreedomofSpeech9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Raymat)
Don't worry, there are other good universities that will accept you. As long as you go to a good university and get a good grade in your degree, you wont feel bad when you start a job and make loads of money. Always think that.
Uni don't equal good job.
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FreedomofSpeech9)
Uni don't equal good job.
I wasn't referring to universities like UEL and London Met.
FreedomofSpeech9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wasn't referring to universities like UEL and London Met.
????

Any uni don't equal good job.
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FreedomofSpeech9)
????

Any uni don't equal good job.
So you are telling me Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE or UCL graduates don't get good jobs. You telling me IB isn't a good job.
AsandaLFC
Rep:
?
(Original post by SquareBrackets)
Just take heed from the fact that I got in for my dream subject at my dream university, even my dream college....Five years later I am jobless.
My friend who went to a less good university, is a trader earning over 250k a year.
Il copy and paste this in my rooms' door wall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
falling
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cheesy as it is, I think everything does happen for a reason, and while it will be difficult to believe that after such a disappointment, you will reach a point where you realise what that reason is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Reapply or go somewhere else.
GorlimtheUnhappy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Motivation to get good!
Accept you weren't good enough and after that the choice is yours; wallow in self pity or stop self-hating and do something about it.

Why do even you think you deserve to feel sorry for yourself if you're not good enough?
lulu199
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went to my dream university and dream degree at that time .. and i found that was the worst and most stupid decision i've ever made lol .. now i have a new dream university and new dream degree and i planning to do it in the future ..

Make sure this is your dream degree and this is what you want to do with your entire life .. it's just like marriage lol .. and if you make sure about your decision be positive and watch "the secret" movie on youtube to eradicate any negativity you have it right now .. the negativity may prevent you from getting that degree ..

best wishes !!!
AsandaLFC
Rep:
?
(Original post by lulu199)
I went to my dream university and dream degree at that time .. and i found that was the worst and most stupid decision i've ever made lol ..

Why was it the worst decision ?
Posted from TSR Mobile
lulu199
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
Why was it the worst decision ?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote a long essy and you only focused on the negative part lol .. you must be positive ..

Well i figured out that it was not the degree or job i want to live with for my entire life .. i discovered my real self , my real goal and life purpose recently .. in the 1st degree i considered my family and society thoughts but i neglected my own .. later i sat down with my self and thought about what really excites me and what i really want to in life ..

So i waste around 6 years doing something boaring and i will start over again ..
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you are telling me Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE or UCL graduates don't get good jobs. You telling me IB isn't a good job.
Not all graduates from those unis get good jobs.

IB is a good job if the person doing it enjoys it, feels fulfilled and gets job satisfaction. Earning potential is not the only measure of a good job - and as money tends not to make people particularly happy, it's not that great a measure of a good job IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nhtw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can anyone feel me how I can handle been rejected from my dream university and degree ? Just to prepare myself because I know il feel like a loser and probably be depressed for all my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I got rejected from my dream uni and to tell you the truth it is the worst pain i have ever felt, the way i describe it is that it feels the same as if a family member had died. My teachers told me that time would be the healer but its been a month and im still depressed as ****. To me it isn't about the job i get after the university but getting into the university itself. The only way i can see through it is by telling myself i've got the offer to push me to get as high grades as possible, then reapplying next year. Pretty **** advice but that's what im doin
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Not all graduates from those unis get good jobs.

IB is a good job if the person doing it enjoys it, feels fulfilled and gets job satisfaction. Earning potential is not the only measure of a good job - and as money tends not to make people particularly happy, it's not that great a measure of a good job IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh true, I know one guy that graduated from King's in BSc Computer Science but he's working as Team Leader at Co-operative which has nothing to do with his degree. They gave him the position just because he had a degree. The pay isn't that great. He's only earning just above £21000 salary.
AsandaLFC
Rep:
?
(Original post by nhtw)
Hey I got rejected from my dream uni and to tell you the truth it is the worst pain i have ever felt, the way i describe it is that it feels the same as if a family member had died. My teachers told me that time would be the healer but its been a month and im still depressed as ****. To me it isn't about the job i get after the university but getting into the university itself.
Lol to me its about the university if im going to study engineering. But if im going to study medicine its not so much about the uni. I can just imagine how you feel since you contemplate each and everyday about your uni for a long time only to be rejected. The other uni's cant replace you dream uni. Having seen the social life of my dream university it would crash me to death go be rejected and have to go to a small uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Racoon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol to me its about the university if im going to study engineering. But if im going to study medicine its not so much about the uni. I can just imagine how you feel since you contemplate each and everyday about your uni for a long time only to be rejected. The other uni's cant replace you dream uni. Having seen the social life of my dream university it would crash me to death go be rejected and have to go to a small uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You won't have much of a social life doing engineering anyway, its way too intense , along with medicine, architecture etc.

Anyway, rejection and disappointment are factors in life, you have to learn ways of dealing with them as they will crop up all the time, which they will, one after another.

The way I deal with disappointment is I always believe there is a reason for it that I just don't see at the time. Further down the road I will look back and see it worked out for the best.
AsandaLFC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racoon)
The way I deal with disappointment is I always believe there is a reason for it that I just don't see at the time. Further down the road I will look back and see it worked out for the best.
Does this mean you dont tempt to retry the disappointment again ? Because you believe theres a reason for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (56)
24.78%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.27%