The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I am considering if I gonna to choose a year course or a year sandwich course?

What I think is sandwich course just wasting time and especially money doing something less important.
The purpose to do it just for experience,not all the industries ask for that ,right?
:confused:
Reply 2
what subject is this for?
Reply 3
Sandwich courses are great, not only can you receive some money to pay off fees, they give you a lot of experience which can get give you an edge over other graduates
Reply 4
computing &mathmatics
Reply 5
I think you get paid for your year in industry, so that would probably be beneficial. :smile:

Not all places need experience, no - but I'm sure having a years work experience would give you a boost over other job candidates.

It would also give you an idea of what working in that industry was like, and if you would choose that as a career. :smile:

But it's up to you. I chose not to do a sandwich course, I just wanted to get the degree done.
think about it, if you're going uni, you're prolly gona borrow all the money, and dont have to pay them back till u start working, with no interest.

now if ur gona do a sandwich course, obv u will be earning money sametime as ur studying, however this will have sum impact on ur study. specially subject like maths and computing - which 1 can classify as a 'hard degree'. ur in no hurry to pay off ur debt that u owe, why not just work part time on weekends and friday nights? that way u can still have free time, time to do ur work, and get money.
^ Aye, the work experience will put you ahead of other job applicants. Also, if you do a good job, the company may want you after you graduate (some cases you may even get a scholarship, but that's not really common...)
Reply 8
I’m doing one, the only con I can see is that your friends will have left by the time you get back, but at Aston the whole uni does a work exp year. I can only see them worthwhile if your doing a subjects that you will actually use in the world, as you lean the theory in the first two years, in your work exp year you apply it and in your 4th year your tested on it. Also 4 years at university shows your dedication!!!
I don't think it's a waste of time at all. Work experience, although not always necessary, will definitely boost your CV and give you an edge other applicants with just a degree and nothing more. As Mustard-man said, it could also lead to a job offer after you graduate if your employer really likes you.
Reply 10
But you know the thing is I'va already applied for the 3year one
So if I change my mind in the third year then can I still taking the replacement just by paying the fee.
Actually I am a oversea student,so they charge me a lot.That is why I am comdidering wheather to take the extra year out.
Reply 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you know the thing is I'va already applied for the 3year one
So if I change my mind in the third year then can I still taking the replacement just by paying the fee.
Actually I am a oversea student,so they charge me a lot.Like 11K pounds only for the uni fee not including food or whatever.That is why I am comdidering wheather to take the extra year out.
Reply 12
If what I earn is slightly lower than my uni changer which is 11k,then I would rather no to take that .
As I'm not worried haven't changes to find a job.

Any ideas ?
isn't sandwhich courses something like industrial experiences?
^That's what mine kinda is... You have the 'year out' to go work in the Industry you want to work in after Graduation!

-x-
Reply 15
Reply 16
your opinion!?

Latest

Trending

Trending