The Student Room Group

Best E-reader?

I'm planning to buy an e-reader soon, so I am wondering which is the best E-ink e-reader, as well as which e-readers have audio abilities and if they're any good.
muh paperwhite. No audio, because books can't talk.
Kindle Paperwhite.
Original post by Baby Milo
Kindle Paperwhite.

So it's unanimous.

/thread ^_______________^
Reply 4
check out kobo's e-readers
If you're willing to spend a little more check out the Kindle Voyage, similar to the Paperwhite but has a few added features which may or may not be useful
Reply 6
I have Paperwhite for couple years now and I am happy with it. I compare it with other e-readers in the tube when I go to work and I feel proud of it but this is just me.
Reply 7
I bought a Kindle a while back and it's still serving me well. Mine's only the basic model from a few years ago though (Kindle 5 I think) and while I sometimes rather wish I had a Paperwhite so I could read in bed with the light off, I like the one I've got. It's one gadget that I keep with me most of the time.

I'm not personally too fussed about features. I don't really want a touchscreen or anything like that, but like I said a light would be nice.
Reply 8
Original post by loletta
I'm planning to buy an e-reader soon, so I am wondering which is the best E-ink e-reader, as well as which e-readers have audio abilities and if they're any good.

I have very little experience with e-readers, however I have a kindle paperwhite and it's great. Obviously there are more expensive options like the kindle fire which perform more functions but I think that they seem more like tablets than anything else, I like the simplicity of the paperwhite. It has the option of adjusting screen brightness so you can read in the dark although it isn't harsh on your eyes. It depends what you need it for, if it's purely for reading and you don't want to browse the Internet or anything then I'd thoroughly recommend it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending