Revision ideas and Sociology Essay help Watch

smegsxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!
I was wondering if you could all share your revision tips for me as i have so little motivation, especially if i don't enjoy the topic. I study AS Biology, History, Psychology and Sociology so any specific tips hugely welcome!
Also, i study AS AQA Sociology and am having trouble how to answer unit 2 questions correctly? So any links to that or help writing essay answers to these that would be great.
13 WEEKS :eek:
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
ibzmo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya, for sociology, unit 2 are u doing Education? I got full marks in my unit 2 exam. now doing a2 sociology. I have some really good essay framework advice for you?
smegsxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yes, we do education and then sociological methods for unit 2
ibzmo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay so im gonna quickly give you an amazing essay framework for methodological questions. I am very sure u have heard of P.E.R.V.E.R.T, if you have not, your teachers are not quite good.

Im gonna assume you have, so you structure your essay in to 6 PARAGRAPHS!
Your first is your intro - a quick summary of the methodological type, who uses it e.g. interactionist, who's against it interpretivists.
Your second Paragraoh will be about the 'P' in pERVERT - practical issues (strengths and weaknesses)
The third is about the 'E' in pervert - ethical issues (strength and weaknesses)
Your fourth paragraph is 'R VS V' representative v.s validity. if the method is valid can it be representative (this is the debate of the paragraph)
Your 5th paragraph is 'E VS R' - is the method 'reliable'? (Debate) if not what do you need to do to make it 'ENOUGH'? (triangulation/methodological pluralism').
Your conclusion will be the 'T' is it overall theoretically positive or negative, who says this and why, and lastly who do you PERSONALLY agrees with.
I did this so many times in my homework , and mock exams and in the real thing and always got in the top band! Sociology essays are about debates! be prepared to present arguments after arguments! Good luck, pm me if u need more help.
xxvine
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ibzmo)
Okay so im gonna quickly give you an amazing essay framework for methodological questions. I am very sure u have heard of P.E.R.V.E.R.T, if you have not, your teachers are not quite good.

Im gonna assume you have, so you structure your essay in to 6 PARAGRAPHS!
Your first is your intro - a quick summary of the methodological type, who uses it e.g. interactionist, who's against it interpretivists.
Your second Paragraoh will be about the 'P' in pERVERT - practical issues (strengths and weaknesses)
The third is about the 'E' in pervert - ethical issues (strength and weaknesses)
Your fourth paragraph is 'R VS V' representative v.s validity. if the method is valid can it be representative (this is the debate of the paragraph)
Your 5th paragraph is 'E VS R' - is the method 'reliable'? (Debate) if not what do you need to do to make it 'ENOUGH'? (triangulation/methodological pluralism').
Your conclusion will be the 'T' is it overall theoretically positive or negative, who says this and why, and lastly who do you PERSONALLY agrees with.
I did this so many times in my homework , and mock exams and in the real thing and always got in the top band! Sociology essays are about debates! be prepared to present arguments after arguments! Good luck, pm me if u need more help.
wait is 'pevert' not just for methods'?
how did you also revise for the actual topics...like remembering everything?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?