The Student Room Group

Is he just messing me around??

I have been friends with a guy all throughout secondary school and we've always been close occasionally drifting apart. Now these last 18 months we've become closer than ever and I reallllyyy like him!!
The problem is I'm not sure if he feels the same and if I'm reading it right that he does.
i tell him everything and like to think he tells ME everything too.
He's never complimentary to me and can be quite harsh to me (will mention more later on). We are mistaken for being together a lot and we sit together in class together. Occasionally, he will just grab my hand and hold it when we're sat together but not mention anything of it, we flirt a lot I would say.
Then within the last week we fell out, for no reason that he will mention, but the only thing I can think I did wrong was speak to a guy (why would this matter if I did anyway??) and I kept bringing up how he would just tell me I'm ugly, I won't get anywhere in life and I know he probably doesn't mean all of it but when it's frequent you start to wonder if he does. So we sat down to try sort things out, he'd been ignoring everybody since we fell out and people were starting to wonder what was wrong and obviously it was because we fell out. Whilst trying to sort it out, you could see he looked abit teary, and somehow he managed to have me in tears when he said that something is said to him has resulted in him giving something he loves up!! I'm gutted about this and I know other things have contributed to it but still. Then after he hugged me and I let go and he just carried on, and said "you've always been such a good friend to me" ((did I just get friend Zoned??))
how can I tell if he likes me??
How do I tell him I like him??
Other things happened in between but this post was getting considerabley long!!
Ask him, in person, why he's acting the way he is, and ask about whether it had anything to do with that other guy you spoke to (although I have to say, that's an absurd reason). It's best to tell him that he should be truthful to you about why, because you are with him, or something like that.
If all else fails, just tell him how you feel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well, there goes the anonymity :tongue:
I never thought it would be the other guy, unless that guy has a thing for you, or whatever.
Trying to clearly isn't cutting it. Just take him to one side, look him in the eye, say it, and you'll be done. Although, in the past, I always sort of planned the conversations quite well to get to a stage where I could tell them, but that's just me.

Didn't you start a thread about getting a guy's number the other day?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending