The Student Room Group

Advice on approaching a sticky/awkward situation ?

So I wanted to get your opinions on my little situation.
Long story short, I met this guy at uni - he initially wanted to have sex but I rejected him twice and then we maintained good friends. I used to constantly be around his flat and always slept in his bed, so I began to feel really comfy and relaxed. I brought up the sex thing, and maybe we should..but he said 'sex complicates things'. I thought if I don't make things awkward then he shouldn't either. So I called him for the first time in a week for a phone number... and then met his flatmate who basically told me he already told everyone how I rung and in detail what for, thought of that as a bit weird. Then I saw him at the union bar and his friends both came up to me and he kind of looked down until I said 'hi' from which he hugged me. I thought things were cool...until his flatmate then said that he has been trying to avoid me ? I don't understand where I stand with him ? I don't know what to do because I feel really anxious about the whole thing and miss hanging out ... Do you guys have any thoughts as to why he may be avoiding the situation or acting odd even if he is deemed to be cool and relaxed ..
he probably thinks you want a relationship with him :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Hm, it sounds to me like he isn't interested in a relationship, from you rejecting him when he wanted to have sex and then when you wanted to, him saying that 'sex complicates things'? Although I feel the only way you will fully understand what is going on in his head is to talk to him, however awkward it may be, it will be better to get an idea what he wants and why he avoiding you. Hope that helps
Maybe he isn't entirely sure what to do either. I think it might help if the two of you discussed this and talked about what each of you thinks or what you each want. You won't know what he's really thinking unless he tells you, and likewise he won't know what you're thinking unless you tell him. If you both discussed everything to each other maybe it'd help clear things up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending