The best place to do online A-Levels?

Watch
mistypoison
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

There is only one college in a 30 mile radius where I can do A-levels, It's a sixth form college and I honestly don't like the environment at ALL.

They also were very condescending of me because I only have 4 GCSE's (why ask me to come to an interview then!?) and they also told me I can't do half the A-levels I wanted to anyway. They even asked me if I have any friends, none of their business surely?

Anyway, I don't want to do a level 3 Diploma as I want to live abroad and A-levels are recognized throughout Europe. So what is a good place to do online A-levels?
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mistypoison)
Hi,

There is only one college in a 30 mile radius where I can do A-levels, It's a sixth form college and I honestly don't like the environment at ALL.

They also were very condescending of me because I only have 4 GCSE's (why ask me to come to an interview then!?) and they also told me I can't do half the A-levels I wanted to anyway. They even asked me if I have any friends, none of their business surely?

Anyway, I don't want to do a level 3 Diploma as I want to live abroad and A-levels are recognized throughout Europe. So what is a good place to do online A-levels?
I'm doing A levels at home just using the textbooks an youtube videos
mistypoison
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonwinner)
I'm doing A levels at home just using the textbooks an youtube videos
So you are just going to take the exams?
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So you are just going to take the exams?
Yes I will take the exams at a school near me
mistypoison
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonwinner)
Yes I will take the exams at a school near me
Do you have to take an AS exam and then a A2 exam?
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have to take an AS exam and then a A2 exam?
Yep, I did my AS exams last year and I'm doing my A2 exams this year
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ifailedumad)
Hi misty, sorry to hear about your situation.. yeah you can do A levels at home ( I did mine all by myself, was absent way too much) but itd be better if you were in a school. If you don't like it however then you wont enjoy it..idk.

If you do decide to do them then here are the resources you should use:

CIMT plymouth mathcentre uk - for all maths related things, their pdfs teach and explain

I used that and downloaded many pdfs from kick ass torrents, look for the dummies series, eg physics for dummies etc, along with as many books as you can. Obviously, download the learner guide for your subject! And if you are doing practicals (chem bio or physics or others even ict) then you need to think how you are going to get enough practice for them? Make sure you learn in a nice quiet environment, a library would be good.

But consider it seriously, because you might lije not like it at the start, but as you make friends and get acquainted with the teachers etc it could be good.
Hey do you know anywhere I can get A2 business studies or economics resources as I'm doing them both at home and am getting bored of the textbooks
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ifailedumad)
search mankiw microeconomics and macroeconomics at KAT. Search for economics for dummies as well over there, use their pdfs they are great. I did not take business studies but wont hurt if you search KAT for business studies or their books.
Did you check that thread I made for as/a2 economics? You should also use my condensed notes as they are there for a levels. Other than the tor library is also great, think the fbi shut it down tho
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
8.57%
I need help researching courses (2)
5.71%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
8.57%
I need help with my personal statement (17)
48.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
20%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
5.71%

Watched Threads