The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Does anyone do Accounting and Finance help me out?

I'm currently at UEA studying Actuarial Science but looking to change on to the accounting and finance course next year. I already do 2 of the modules in my course (Introduction to financial and management accounting and economics for business) so it should be similar but is there anyone here on the course that can tell me what it's like?

My main question would be about the maths content. In the modules i have done, there is very very little maths other than graphs and even then you just have to know the shape. Is this the same for the other modules? I don't have a problem with maths an i'm reasonably good at it but my hatred of probability and stats grows every day. Please tell me there's none of that in there?

How many contact hours do you get a week?

Is there any coursework or is it primarily exams?

Anything else you would have liked to know before you applied?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by SteveMcs
I'm currently at UEA studying Actuarial Science but looking to change on to the accounting and finance course next year. I already do 2 of the modules in my course (Introduction to financial and management accounting and economics for business) so it should be similar but is there anyone here on the course that can tell me what it's like?

My main question would be about the maths content. In the modules i have done, there is very very little maths other than graphs and even then you just have to know the shape. Is this the same for the other modules? I don't have a problem with maths an i'm reasonably good at it but my hatred of probability and stats grows every day. Please tell me there's none of that in there?

How many contact hours do you get a week?

Is there any coursework or is it primarily exams?

Anything else you would have liked to know before you applied?

Thanks in advance

Actuarial science is generally more mathematical that accounting, its more English based than I imagined. Probability and stats are involved but its very simple stuff.

12 - 15 hours a week.

Mainly exam based (80%), but depends on modules your taking.

Its not hard to get a 2.1 but it is if you want to get a first.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending