The Student Room Group

Not ready for a relationship... how do i tell him?

So I've been in a new relationship for about six weeks. We started off as friends, then casual sex, then dating. Then he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so caught up in the moment that I said yes

I do have genuinely strong feelings for him, though I'm not sure exactly what those feelings are. I don't think its love, at least not in the romantic sense. But i care deeply for him, and feel horrendously guilty for these bad thoughts.

The six weeks has been great, on the most part, though now I'm doubting everything. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I want a relationship just now. They're so taxing and I'm only twenty. We've fallen out a few times since the relationship began, and I've found myself resenting him on occasion. To make matters worse, I keep comparing my feelings for him to those I had for someone else last year- I was in love with the other person, but it wasn't meant to be. My relationship doesn't feel like that, not as deep. We feel more like close friends who sleep together but something-the love part- is missing.

He's a fantastic guy and I don't want to hurt him. I know I need to be honest and this whole thing feels like a terrible mistake. Really don't want to lose him as a friend but I think that might happen if I tell him the truth
"He's a fantastic guy and I don't want to hurt him."- sorry love, you've already been doing that by leading him on when you don't actually want a relationship.

Now is the time for damage limitation- end it and let him find someone who will treat him better.
Sounds like you're having a tough time. My recommendation would be to tell him the truth,because it will only get worse i you wait too long. Next thing you know , you'll end up somewhere worse than the position you are in right now. i've personally been in a similar experience, so i can quite understand your position. Again, you should tell him how you really feel, and sorry to say but you're going to have to friendzone him. good luck, and have a great day.

With Regards~ Kenji
Original post by jenkinsear
"He's a fantastic guy and I don't want to hurt him."- sorry love, you've already been doing that by leading him on when you don't actually want a relationship.

Now is the time for damage limitation- end it and let him find someone who will treat him better.

'Sorry love' why try to be so patronising.

How do you know she was leading him on, if he asked her out then it was him doing the leading on.
Original post by Redfrost
'Sorry love' why try to be so patronising.

How do you know she was leading him on, if he asked her out then it was him doing the leading on.

Yeah... maybe read op's comment sweety :wink:
Original post by jenkinsear
Yeah... maybe read op's comment sweety :wink:

Sweety winky ha
Reply 6
It's not you, it's me.
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been in a new relationship for about six weeks. We started off as friends, then casual sex, then dating. Then he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so caught up in the moment that I said yes

I do have genuinely strong feelings for him, though I'm not sure exactly what those feelings are. I don't think its love, at least not in the romantic sense. But i care deeply for him, and feel horrendously guilty for these bad thoughts.

The six weeks has been great, on the most part, though now I'm doubting everything. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I want a relationship just now. They're so taxing and I'm only twenty. We've fallen out a few times since the relationship began, and I've found myself resenting him on occasion. To make matters worse, I keep comparing my feelings for him to those I had for someone else last year- I was in love with the other person, but it wasn't meant to be. My relationship doesn't feel like that, not as deep. We feel more like close friends who sleep together but something-the love part- is missing.

He's a fantastic guy and I don't want to hurt him. I know I need to be honest and this whole thing feels like a terrible mistake. Really don't want to lose him as a friend but I think that might happen if I tell him the truth

Poor guy but you should just be honest with him no matter the timing. The longer you leave it the more it's going to hurt him.
Did you have anything planned for Valentine's Day out of curiousity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending