The Student Room Group

I've been in love with my teacher for 4 years - ask me anything!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

How old is he? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lularose83
How old is he? :smile:

He is 40, so there's an age diff of about 22 years between us :wink:
Why don't you go for someone attainable?
I'm sort of in the same position as you. Are you aware of the 'TC Community' on Tumblr?
Does he know?
Is he single ?
Reply 7
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Why don't you go for someone attainable?

Well, I've always had a thing for unattainable people, I guess. My parents are also divorced so I never really had a good father figure around me. Perhaps I've got daddy issues or something like that.
I did, however, had 2 realtionships with guys who liked me, but now I'm simply not interested in boys my age. I want to be with someone mature and intelligent, someone to expand my horizons and mentor me, in a way.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sort of in the same position as you. Are you aware of the 'TC Community' on Tumblr?

I haven't heard of it, what is it? :smile:
Reply 9
You'll grow out of it.
Well, I've always had a thing for unattainable people, I guess. My parents are also divorced so I never really had a good father figure around me. Perhaps I've got daddy issues or something like that.
I did, however, had 2 realtionships with guys who liked me, but now I'm simply not interested in boys my age. I want to be with someone mature and intelligent, someone to expand my horizons and mentor me, in a way.

When you were "in love" with him at the age of 14 and 15 while he was 36/37, it would have been completely illegal for anything to happen.

You are 18 now, so it's all legally fine but it's still just delusional.
Original post by jedanselemyia
Does he know?

I've never told him directly, but I'm 100% sure he knows. We used to be quite close, but now that I'm busy studying for A levels, we can't spend too much time together.
The reason why I'm so sure he know is because my thoughts are really easy to grasp from the outside, because I'm quite expressive and can't hide my feelings, or so I've been told.
I want to be with someone mature and intelligent, someone to expand my horizons and mentor me, in a way.

I bet you're soooo mature for your age.
Original post by meme12
Is he single ?

Nope, he has a family and a little boy. Because he has obligations, I could never act on it. :wink:
Original post by donutellme

I wasn't saying that :smile:
When you were "in love" with him at the age of 14 and 15 while he was 36/37, it would have been completely illegal for anything to happen.

Unfortunately the law disagrees. If the young person is still at school then the teacher is breaking the law by engaging in romantic activities.

You're right and I'm aware of this. I really hope it ends as soon as I finish high school and I'll see him less and less.
Are you saying that this is not love? Because a crush can't last for 4 years lol:biggrin:, it's already too serious, although it's possibly not reciprocated.
Original post by the bear
Unfortunately the law disagrees. If the young person is still at school then the teacher is breaking the law by engaging in romantic activities.

Yeah, that's a good point. One that I forgot to mention. It still would count as statutory rape.

You're right and I'm aware of this. I really hope it ends as soon as I finish high school and I'll see him less and less.
Are you saying that this is not love? Because a crush can't last for 4 years lol:biggrin:, it's already too serious, although it's possibly not reciprocated.

People have crushes for years. Real love is very different from what you are experiencing.
Original post by A5ko
You'll grow out of it.

I wish! It's been 4 years, I don't know how to do this :s-smilie:
Original post by donutellme
(S)he may be, (s)he may also not be. I personally don't think immaturity has to always play a part in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending