The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

They haven't yet released the results for the English winners :/
Original post by Jono-Wolf
I got an email about them receiving my essay, but that's about it so far

Won first place in Econ... somehow! Well done everyone for applying. Regardless of if you won anything or not, you can talk about it in your PS and you went out and did something different (and hopefully enjoyed it!).
(edited 7 years ago)
Irony of the competition, if anything this made me question applying to Cambridge.
Original post by petrus123
Won first place... somehow! Well done everyone for applying. Regardless of if you won anything or not, you can talk about it in your PS and you went out and did something different (and hopefully enjoyed it!).

Congratulations!!! :clap2:
Original post by EnglishLitBoy
They haven't yet released the results for the English winners :/

I just really want to know, by this point ^_^
Congratulations!!! :clap2:

Won first place... somehow! Well done everyone for applying. Regardless of if you won anything or not, you can talk about it in your PS and you went out and did something different (and hopefully enjoyed it!).

Congratulations! Happy a fellow TSR member won one of the competitions. Did you do your essay for the economics competition? If so, (sorry if this is a little invasive, if you don't want to you don't have to) would you mind sending me a copy so I can see what I was perhaps missing and what a better essay looked like?
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Congratulations! Happy a fellow TSR member won one of the competitions. Did you do your essay for the economics competition? If so, (sorry if this is a little invasive, if you don't want to you don't have to) would you mind sending me a copy so I can see what I was perhaps missing and what a better essay looked like?

No problem at all - and yes, I did do the Economics competition (I should have made that clear, sorry). And I wouldn't talk down your essay too much - it is quite subjective by its nature as an essay competition...
No problem at all - and yes, I did do the Economics competition (I should have made that clear, sorry). And I wouldn't talk down your essay too much - it is quite subjective by its nature as an essay competition...

2 people have asked to see my essay now, so here it is for anyone who wants to read it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByWKe1FmVISIVng2MWppeWpWM2s/view?usp=sharing.

I chose the question: Reducing economic inequality within a country is often considered one of the most prioritised political objectives. Beyond the concerns about alleviating poverty, are there any other reasons for governments to be concerned about economic inequality?
(edited 6 years ago)
I lowkey feel like I haven't won/been commended so I'm just eager for the results to be announced to be honest.

Same aaaahhh - I hate the wait after sending in an entry.

I don't think they'll announce it today though :frown:
Original post by osska
Got email. Did not win anything :frown:

Don't worry about it. If you went in with the sole purpose of winning, it was probably quite irrational, as (I might suggest) the process is, figuratively, a bit stochastic beyond a point. The point isn't to win (although of course it feels nice) but to learn more and read about stuff you might not have read otherwise.
Irony of the competition, if anything this made me question applying to Cambridge.

Obvious Fact of the Day: Not applying to Cambridge for any undergraduate degree course carries with it a 0% chance of admission.

Possible implication: you can beat that :-)
Won first place in Econ... somehow! Well done everyone for applying. Regardless of if you won anything or not, you can talk about it in your PS and you went out and did something different (and hopefully enjoyed it!).

Wow. Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry it didn't work out for you but nearly everyone that enters doesn't win....

And people that win don't necessarily get an offer.

It doesn't really have much to do with the application process*, but it is a good life (and academic) experience to have.

Apply to Cambridge if you think it has the right course for you. Don't hold an essay competition against them :smile:

* Not least because the requirements are VERY different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Wow. Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I have to admit, I was very sur-prize-d :wink:
Thanks. I have to admit, I was very sur-prize-d :wink:

Have a pity rep for that... :hand:
Original post by Doonesbury
Have a pity rep for that... :hand:

Haha! If only they had negative rep, then I could be truly pun-ished.
Any English entrants heard anything?
No.
Original post by Brooke.10
Any English entrants heard anything?

Ah, what did everyone get for the English Prize? - They've just released results \o/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending