The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

I was highly commended. Omg im so surprised but so happy :smile:
Original post by EnglishLitBoy

Ah, congrats! ✨✨

I was commended :smile: (too? Though, I think there's a difference)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by EnglishLitBoy

Congratulations :smile: See you on 6th May?
Original post by ReluctantWriter
Ah, congrats! ✨✨

I was commended :smile: (too? Though, I think there's a difference)

Congrats! And I'm pretty sure that in this competition there isn't, but could be wrong...
Reply 264
Did anyone enter the 2018 competition?
Reply 265
Ya!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 266
Original post by WYCD
Did anyone enter the 2018 competition?

Ya I did! I did my essay for the English prize, but I'm waiting for an email back from Corpus Christi admissions to hear they received it, but so far just the automatic admissions email has emailed me back.
I entered last year for Economics and didn't win any awards for this competition. I just wanted to say don't be disheartened if you don't win anything - this should be a learning experience. I didn't win any awards, and I was very upset and demotivated by it, but then went on to win several top awards in better essay comps later on in 2017 and I am doing pretty well in terms of uni offers. So my message is, just consider this a learning experience and if you do manage to win something, keep up the good work!
Reply 268
Original post by JSimons
Ya I did! I did my essay for the English prize, but I'm waiting for an email back from Corpus Christi admissions to hear they received it, but so far just the automatic admissions email has emailed me back.

Same here! I entered the Biology prize. Have you received any email from Corpus confirming your teacher has registered you?
Reply 269
Original post by WYCD
Same here! I entered the Biology prize. Have you received any email from Corpus confirming your teacher has registered you?

No not yet, just the automatic reply. I assume they'll send it tomorrow afternoon because some people must have submitted right at the deadline, and they may send out the same email to everyone who entered to be efficient. Good luck to you though!
Reply 270
Original post by Jono-Wolf
I entered last year for Economics and didn't win any awards for this competition. I just wanted to say don't be disheartened if you don't win anything - this should be a learning experience. I didn't win any awards, and I was very upset and demotivated by it, but then went on to win several top awards in better essay comps later on in 2017 and I am doing pretty well in terms of uni offers. So my message is, just consider this a learning experience and if you do manage to win something, keep up the good work!

May I ask what other competitions you entered?
Reply 271
Original post by JSimons
No not yet, just the automatic reply. I assume they'll send it tomorrow afternoon because some people must have submitted right at the deadline, and they may send out the same email to everyone who entered to be efficient. Good luck to you though!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!:smile:
Original post by WYDC
May I ask what other competitions you entered?

John Locke Essay Competition
Marshall Society
Royal Economic Society
LSE

I won one of them, and came top 10 in two others. You'll probably find my name if you had a look :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 273
Original post by Jono-Wolf
John Locke Essay Competition
Marshall Society
Royal Economic Society
LSE

I won one of them, and came top 10 in two others. You'll probably find my name if you had a look :smile:

Wow, that's so impressive - well done! :smile: Thanks for the reply.
Did anyone else enter the Biology one? If so, which question did you do?
Reply 275
Original post by aditya5573
Did anyone else enter the Biology one? If so, which question did you do?

I did question 1. You?
Reply 276
Original post by WYCD
I did question 1. You?

I did question 2
Original post by WYCD
I did question 1. You?

The one on phantom pain. I think it was Q1?
Did anybody else enter for Harmony?
Reply 279
May I know what competition should I enter to "help" with my law application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending