From friend to girlfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm pretty much in love with a close friend of mine. Probably a crush, but I think I'm in love.

Ok enough of the details. Whats the first step in getting her to know that I like her? At the moment I cant stop making silly jokes about her appearance and stuff. "Yeah, your hot...NOT" is what I seem to be doing these days. I dont know if she likes me back but obviously I need to show her that I like her.

I thought of buying her stuff. Like paying for her lunch, bus fare, little things like that. Also being polite?

But I thought maybe it'd help if I stopped talking about other girls I fancy?

Help. I want this girl so bad
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
ask. its the only way you can be really certain if she likes you too
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Continue with the making fun of her stuff and she'll eventually get the picture. Then one day invite her out for a coffee. Make it sound casual.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
YEah the only way is to ask, it is very possible to go from just friends to girlfriend, usually the best way as well.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Why)
Continue with the making fun of her stuff and she'll eventually get the picture. Then one day invite her out for a coffee. Make it sound casual.
We go out nearly every single day. But there are always other friends with us. I will try and ask her out tho I think its a bit weird to do so because I bet she'll ask other people to come along
Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
I call parody.

If you are being serious - there's really only one answer.

'Hi, I like you - do you like me?' or words to that effect...
Element54
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, the best way is to ask her. In my experiences my gf was my really good mate for like a year, now we've been going out for 3 years.

However that is my case, other people might feel differently obvious, so dive in and ask. If she says no, then at least you know the answer.

If you think you’re in love with her, don't waste your life thinking about it, tell her - tomorrow is a new day, a new person...
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We go out nearly every single day. But there are always other friends with us. I will try and ask her out tho I think its a bit weird to do so because I bet she'll ask other people to come along
Say it in a way which makes it seem almost like a date. She'll either make an excuse, come along or tell you she just wants to be friends.
fizzerz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
About a year ago one of my very closest friends told me he liked me, he did it in a text pretty much just telling me he HAD to tell me or he would explode and stuff. I turned him down, then he did it again and I turned him down again because I didnt think it would work becuase we were such good friends. Then he did it AGAIN and I finally said yes. We went out for about a month, broke up over something stupid, and now we don't talk anymore.
I wouldn't advise going out with a close friend, sure enough it works for some people, but in my experience it will just ruin the friendship.
tomHHHH
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
in my experiance once a girl is a friend they almost never become a girlfriend.

tell her as soon as you can
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tomHHHH)
in my experiance once a girl is a friend they almost never become a girlfriend.

tell her as soon as you can
Er isn't that how a relationship comes about? it starts as a friendship, and even during the relationship surely the friendship doesn't stop just because of that.
tomHHHH
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not really. friendship for me hangs around in groups and that

at the start of a relationship when you just meet someone you normally go out somewhere 1 on 1 or something similar
cateyes
Report 12 years ago
Stop making fun of her first, then ask her out for coffee or whatever and just ask her if she likes you .
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you ask her if you like her you've committed relationship suicide. You have to seem like you're in control all the time and you're making the moves not her.
Anonymous #1
I told her I like her today. She didnt take it seriously even when I said "I'm serious." about 50 times.

She thinks I'm joking and I dont know how to tell her seriously. She asked me who I think is the fittest girl in our year today and I told her it was her. But once again the "no seriously" thing came out again.

She really cant take me seriously. But Im kinda sure she likes me back.

Any more advice would be great as to hint more that Im serious. Maybe buying her stuff or writing her a poem or something? Or is that wayyy too cheesey?

Yeah, I'm confused :confused:
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah.. so you've blown it already. She'll go home; disgusted, thinking about what you said and you just wont appeal to her anymore (even if you did in the past). Once you show a girl you want her she drifts away. Girls dont like things they can have without much of a struggle or a 'catch' phase. That was a mistake on your part and you'll probably be chucked into the friendzone but you could make a comeback by using the ignore-cling-ignore technique but that's a) Risky b) A thing which requires alot of skill to pull off.
tomHHHH
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
thats sounds like a no to me buddy sorry
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Why)
Ah.. so you've blown it already. She'll go home; disgusted, thinking about what you said and you just wont appeal to her anymore (even if you did in the past). Once you show a girl you want her she drifts away. Girls dont like things they can have without much of a struggle or a 'catch' phase. That was a mistake on your part and you'll probably be chucked into the friendzone but you could make a comeback by using the ignore-cling-ignore technique but that's a) Risky b) A thing which requires alot of skill to pull off.
God, I hate 'girls'.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Why)
She really thought I was joking though. Seriously, she didnt even tell anyone after I told her and on the way home she was completely normal about it and we were having our normal fun.

As a matter of fact she kissed me on the lips instead of cheek today. So we're still good friends.
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I told you dont ask her if she likes you, that's probably the worst thing you could have done at this point. Seriously. She'll feel like she's been thrown into the deep end and all the attraction between you would have just evaporated in an instant. I'm sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads