koolkate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My bro is doing nat 4/5 in his 4th year mainly nat 4s. I am worried because he says he can do nat 5 next year and nat 6 in 6th year however doesn't he need to do nat 6 next year in order to apply to uni? I am sorry I am a bit unfamiliar with the new system; I sat highers and I know that before you needed to do atleast 4 highers in 5th year in order to apply to good uni.
tommcmillan_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is no such thing as 'nat 6' the next level up from national 5 is highers. So the subjects he is doing Nat5 in this year he can do highers in s5 if he passes them this year, and the subjects that he is doing nat4 in this year will progress to Nat 5 in s5 and then higher in sixth year.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
koolkate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by tommcmillan_)
There is no such thing as 'nat 6' the next level up from national 5 is highers. So the subjects he is doing Nat5 in this year he can do highers in s5 if he passes them this year, and the subjects that he is doing nat4 in this year will progress to Nat 5 in s5 and then higher in sixth year.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok that helps alot thanks.
Can you also tell me if he still needs to do 4/5 nat 5 in 4th year so he can apply to uni at the end of 5th year with highers?
CossLne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is possible to apply to uni based on Nat 5 results (people used to be able to apply with just standard grades) - as long as highers are in the running with predicted grades. Unis can then offer a conditional offer.
Many people prefer to do highers in 5th year so they can apply with known higher results and they are either doing more highers or advanced highers - the uni may then give an unconditional offer as the results have already been met. Or they may look for further results and still provide a conditional offer.

Interestingly I had a 2nd year telling me yesterday that their school is trialling a nat 7 which he thought was above advanced higher (i'm thinking it would be equivalent of) - so are the SQA going to rename the new higher and new A.H to nat 6/7?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads