ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In the past, I have worked through an agency on self-employment basis and once I've finished it, I thought the agency or another agency of accountants that they've partnered with, would have informed the HMRC about termination of self-employment. Apparently, they do not do that but they also did not inform me that I should have done that myself...

Basically, for almost a year I have been paying NI contributions for nothing even though my self-employment contract finished in January 2014 and I've started a full-time job the following month in the same year. I've filled in an online self-employment termination form, tried calling them but 30+ min of waiting on the line and still been kept on hold, so gave up. In the next couple of days I will be sending them a written letter explaining my situation.

Do you think they would refund the money that has been taken from my account?

I feel so angry at the agency, especially those accountants for not even telling me that I had to inform HMRC..
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you've paid too much money to the HMRC, you can claim a tax refund.

Further information is available here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed