The Student Room Group

Why do Asian guys take rejection so badly?

I'm just curious, I've noticed this a lot. South Asian/brown guys, seem to take being rejected really badly, even more so than guys of other races. I've been out on a night outs and I've lost count of how many times they've grabbed me to the point where my male friends have to step in and things get violent. I've had my bag stolen by a group of guys because I rejected two of them. Even the ones I've met through friends or at uni have been unpleasant, like one guy who all of a sudden started being racist after I said I wasn't interested.
I know this is a big generalisation and not all Asian guys are like this but I'm just going off my own experience.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Scroll to see replies

I think you're talking crap.
And may be you just stop dating them then!
Because they think you're a behnchod.
Reply 3
May be a cultural thing and also may be how you handle the situation. Is it possible to let them down a little easier - knowing that they are likely to take offence at a standard 'piss off' kind-of answer. :-) I think people in the West dont really understand the Little Princess and Little Prince mentality but it IS there and it is a valid reference to their upbringing. I live with two Little Princesses and they never grow out of it so it must be a cultural thing. :-)

I am sure I will get some stick for this opinion, but I dont care.

So, SquareBrackets - say what you like but it is not crap.
Original post by ocpaul20
May be a cultural thing and also may be how you handle the situation. Is it possible to let them down a little easier - knowing that they are likely to take offence at a standard 'piss off' kind-of answer. :-) I think people in the West dont really understand the Little Princess and Little Prince mentality but it IS there and it is a valid reference to their upbringing. I live with two Little Princesses and they never grow out of it so it must be a cultural thing. :-)

It is. Its basically like saying "why do asian people smell?".

There's nothing in their mentality like that.
The cultural differences exist once they're married and are mostly around divorce. 2nd/3rd generation asians don't have any such hang ups.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Think you've met the wrong type of South Asians...I just take rejections very normally and move on. I don't waste my time dwelling on it
Reply 6
Think you've met the wrong type of South Asians...I just take rejections very normally and move on. I don't waste my time dwelling on it
Original post by ocpaul20

What the hell is this Little Princess and Little Prince mentality that I've never heard of before?
They treat women like objects?
I was followed by some Asian guys in a car who told me to 'come here'. When I ignored them, I was told I was ugly by one of the group lmfao even though they wanted my attention.
I cursed him back and his short arse kept going on and on.
Definitely mummy and daddy telling them because they're men or from a superior culture, they're automatically special and deserving of the globe :smile:
Original post by msabigail1
I was followed by some Asian guys in a car who told me to 'come here'. When I ignored them, I was told I was ugly by one of the group lmfao even though they wanted my attention.
Definitely mummy and daddy telling them because they're men or from a superior culture, they're automatically special and deserving of the globe :smile:

This thread is basically just racism.

You could replace the Asian in that paragraph with Polish, Black, Latino whatever.
(edited 9 years ago)
I find them attractive but they treat women like **** in my opinion.
So many of them just have an inflated sense of importance and I don't know why.
Reply 10

I know black and white guys do this in my endz, so what are you on about? What is the difference between a group of black guys asking a girl to 'come here' in the middle of the street, and then verbally insulting the girl once she rejects them? Guys from all races treat women like objects, not just South Asian guys. That was as racist as it gets.

And what on earth do you mean by this? Wtf are you on about?
Basically, there are bad apples, seeds or whatever you like to call them in every group, in this case, South Asian guys. Yes, these particular guys probably felt entitled and superior to you and it deflated their egos that you rejected them. They might not be used to it as well. It doesn't make it right though. Forget about these people, because they themselves seem racist, not you since you are not generalising and abusing them. Racism is wrong on all accounts. Those guys were probably desperate for sex and expected you to comply with ease. It probably surprised them that you didn't, and angered them as a result.
This thread is so stereotypical it makes me sick.
The people who make these threads and contribute their racist opinions through them are small-minded idiots.
Nothing like a bit of casual racism. Pretty sure the bulk of bitter, female-hating threads in this place are created by white guys.
You're completely right.
The problem is men regardless of their ethnicity.
Reply 16
Original post by Stefano93

:giggle:
Original post by Stefano93

Lol Are you a South Asian? Asking this cos of the swear word you used that is in Urdu.

How could you possibly say that they 'treat women like objects'? Sure what happened to you was bad but that does not mean every South Asian guy is like that. I've had a random White guy saying to me 'Hey gorgeous' and a black guy once said 'You have a nice face'. Freaked me out but I do acknowledge the fact that it has nothing to do with the race.

I'm a Pakistani myself and my uncles and brothers certainly don't see women as objects. They have self respect and are gentlemen.
Original post by SquareBrackets
This thread is basically just racism.

You could replace the Asian in that paragraph with Polish, Black, Latino whatever.

Totally!

Quick Reply

Latest