The Student Room Group

Cousin going off the rails with convict boyfriend! Help

It's a long story so you'll have to bear with me...

My cousin,Regan,has always been one of those girls who would do anything to be popular,but never quite made the popular 'crowd'. She was bullied in her first primary school,but when she transferred in year 4 she was queen bee. A few years later and it's time to go to secondary school,but Regan couldn't get in with the popular kids however much she tried,her mum bought her anything she wanted (Topshop clothes,iPhones and even her own énsuite you name it),but it wasn't enough. She did have a core group of friends,but I think deep down she never really wanted them. In year 9 she was in science class and this boy groped her and told her 'he was going to rape her'. I think this was the last straw for her and she took it hard. She went to the teachers and told them and by the next day another 10 girls had come forward saying he had done that to them aswell,however he was not expelled and for the next year she still sees him in science class. By year 10 she couldn't bear school and began taking a lot of time off so she was sent to a 'special' centre for socially angst teens. To be honest I think she loved it there because not only were there a few girls,but all girls who had struggled socially like her,but still none of them were 'cool' enough. Soon came GCSE's,but sadly not attending school took it's toll and she got all D's. It was also time to leave her special place and move on. Regan decided to study a BTEC in hairdressing,but for some reason hated that also and stopped attending. Whilst at her hairdressing classes she received a car for her birthday,walked into class and exclaimed quite averagely that she 'just got a car' in the presence of girls who had to work overtime to pay for their bus to college. Like a mentioned earlier she has been spoilt all her life and thus she has little gratitude it seems. After she quit her BTEC she just stayed at home all day while her parents encouraged her to go out and make friends (this is why they bought her a car). Soon she got in contact with a girl from her old primary school,Nadia,and they began talking again. Nadia and Regan started going clubbing even though they were only 17 (Fake ID's) and as Regan had a car everyone wanted to be her friend. Regan met Harry whilst clubbing and fell for him even though he is:

-A father
-6 Years her senior
-Convict (GBH,Stealing Led & Cars,General Fighting)
-A Cheat (Every week he cheats)
-Hitting her.

Basically she thinks she loves him and is CRAZY about him, she spends little time at home and it has gotten to the point where she only calls her parents for fuel money. In just under a year a now 18 year old girl has clocked up 33,000 miles on her car. She wants to leave her family and has quit a receptionist job she recently got. She HATES her parents even though they are trying to help her and Harry is just TROUBLE. He is known all around town and once kicked a boy so hard in the head he gave him brain damage. He hits her,cheats on her and uses her car even though he had his license taken away. Her first went to prison (well juvenile) at 15 for stealing a porsche and might go to prison again for assaulting some 18 year old boys on New Year's Eve and stealing their beer. To add to this Nadia is one pregnant by one of Harry's friends because she wanted to claim more benefits. We are worried it Regan also gets pregnant or in deep trouble as she is still a child herself (until a few months ago she was sleeping in her mums bed) but we have no idea what we can do? Does anyone have any suggestions? Please were desperate before it's too late.
you can talk to her, let her know you are there for her, but ultimately, there is nothing you can do.

it's not your fault. it's not her parents fault. it's not her boyfriends fault. it's hers. She needs to figure it out on her own and it will take time. trust me, I've been there, done that. Took one of my friends 4 years to realise.

I know you want to help her, but it's her life, all you can do is let her know, no matter what, you are there for her and won't judge at all.. no matter what the situation is, you wont judge her choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending