username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Right then, Sena5 asked about the newspaper which got me thinking. A newspaper focusing on just the MUN is unlikely to work but a newspaper focusing on news as whole will.

The idea is this. We set up newspaper with authors from all over the site writing about lots of different things they find important, we edit them together and publish it.

News is dominated by the big names but there is not a newspaper giving a student perspective on the world around us. We need to be ambitious in trying to start one

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Rotating Phasor)
QFA

(Original post by Sena5)
QFA

(Original post by ViolaPat5)
QFA

(Original post by ThisisZAK)
QFA

(Original post by Fernand126)
QFA

(Original post by Enoxial)
QFA

(Original post by Bartenlad)
QFA

(Original post by McRite)
QFA

(Original post by Iggy Azalea)
QFA

(Original post by St. Brynjar)
QFA

(Original post by Snufkin)
QFA

(Original post by adam9317)
QFA

(Original post by serebro)
QFA

(Original post by Green_Pink)
QFA

(Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
QFA

(Original post by Evening)
QFA

(Original post by junior.doctor)
QFA

(Original post by Cryptographic)
QFA

(Original post by Aph)
QFA

[FONT=Arial]
(Original post by [/FONT)
고구마] QFA

(Original post by Edminzodo)
QFA

(Original post by thirdcultureteen)
QFA

(Original post by Mobbsy91)
QFA

adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Right then, Sena5 asked about the newspaper which got me thinking. A newspaper focusing on just the MUN is unlikely to work but a newspaper focusing on news as whole will.

The idea is this. We set up newspaper with authors from all over the site writing about lots of different things they find important, we edit them together and publish it.

News is dominated by the big names but there is not a newspaper giving a student perspective on the world around us. We need to be ambitious in trying to start one

I really like this idea Nigel. It could be a great success!
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like it.
username1524603
Rep:
?
(Original post by adam9317)
I really like this idea Nigel. It could be a great success!
It will be lots of hard work to find people willing to write something but with thousands of students, some with blogs, finding writers cannot be difficult. It will need support from TSR to have a platform to publish it on.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would suggest asking CT for their help somehow but this is a really good idea.
Iggy Azalea
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds great. Let me know how this develops.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really awesome idea!!!
Sena5
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It will be lots of hard work to find people willing to write something but with thousands of students, some with blogs, finding writers cannot be difficult. It will need support from TSR to have a platform to publish it on.
What I think is make a newspaper with all the articles, picts and etc on an online "Make your own newspaper online". Then post it on a site as an image and then attach it on TSR with the IMG and /IMG tags. Then everyone can read it and give their comments below. Let this be done as this is the first time you are going to do. Then we can see for further developments by editing and making it more advanced.

I've got more ideas for it

You can hold threads for MUNees to vote with title :- Best MUN Newbie, Best debater of the year, Most controversial Mun membee, most friendly member, and etc..
username1524603
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sena5)
What I think is make a newspaper with all the articles, picts and etc on an online "Make your own newspaper online". Then post it on a site as an image and then attach it on TSR with the IMG and /IMG tags. Then everyone can read it and give their comments below. Let this be done as this is the first time you are going to do. Then we can see for further developments by editing and making it more advanced.

I've got more ideas for it

You can hold threads for MUNees to vote with title :- Best MUN Newbie, Best debater of the year, Most controversial Mun membee, most friendly member, and etc..
Ben the editor do you want to continue in that role? I fully support lighthearted voting threads to award people with titles but I think it's important we choose one thread with informal voting rather than overcrowding the place with such threads.

I think this newspaper might just have a chance of succeeding provided the scope of it is expanded a bit more. I have been thinking about names and the only one to jump out at me is TSR Monthly - not very creative I know. Do you have contacts outside of the MUN who might be able to write an opinion piece on something?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ben the editor do you want to continue in that role? I fully support lighthearted voting threads to award people with titles but I think it's important we choose one thread with informal voting rather than overcrowding the place with such threads.

I think this newspaper might just have a chance of succeeding provided the scope of it is expanded a bit more. I have been thinking about names and the only one to jump out at me is TSR Monthly - not very creative I know. Do you have contacts outside of the MUN who might be able to write an opinion piece on something?
TSR Monthly is quite a classic sounding name which is why it could work :nods:

I'd be very interested to see this progress
Cryptographic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a great idea; and will be a great space to advertise here and the MHoC.
Fernand126
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Brilliant. Hopefully I can contribute, somehow...?
Sena5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Well, I have many followers but, how do I pass the message to all of them?

I was never informed that i was removed from the editor. I am the MUN Deputy Editor. Aren't I??
username1524603
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sena5)
Well, I have many followers but, how do I pass the message to all of them?

I was never informed that i was removed from the editor. I am the MUN Deputy Editor. Aren't I??
No, you can continue to be the editor. I was not aware the MUN newspaper was still around since there had not been an addition for quite some time.

What do you think the key topics covered should be?
Sena5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, you can continue to be the editor. I was not aware the MUN newspaper was still around since there had not been an addition for quite some time.

What do you think the key topics covered should be?
Oh I see. That's okay, dear :console:

Debates, interviews from recent new MUNees and/or experienced ones to know about the experience from the MUN.
International issues and cartoons all MUN, UN, International related etc.
username1524603
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sena5)
Oh I see. That's okay, dear :console:

Debates, interviews from recent new MUNees and/or experienced ones to know about the experience from the MUN.
International issues and cartoons all MUN, UN, International related etc.
That is great but I do think there needs to be current affairs, sports, and opinion columns on any issue important to someone to expand the reader base.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That is great but I do think there needs to be current affairs, sports, and opinion columns on any issue important to someone to expand the reader base.
I agree with this *nods* It'd be great to expand this to more than just those who are interested in International affairs/UN...
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have a word with Rory/Sena if you need templates from the old MUNthly editions.

I can also supply Ad Hoc templates if it helps prepare the first issue.
Sena5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Agreed
That's why i mentioned etc behind my post
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.77%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.42%

Watched Threads